MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Getting a new netbook, but not sure which one to get.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
For the love of god, don't go with Acer. Acer makes crap products. I've bought some stuff from them and none of what I bought lasted for more than two months.
(2010-04-03, 12:55 AM)duyen Wrote: [ -> ]For the love of god, don't go with Acer. Acer makes crap products. I've bought some stuff from them and none of what I bought lasted for more than two months.

I have an acer travelmate from 2000 that i actively use, and works wonders still. My aspire timeline has worked wonder since i got it it only failed when i added a bad hdd to it. My newer travelmate has had no issues, and its from about 2004, and its a cheap version, only had one issue with it, last year, and thats the harddrive, no suprise though, it was due for a new one, almost 5 years. Though i admit the desktop pc's are crap. Had nothing but trouble from them.
Acer makes awesome laptops and monitors (both which have lasted well over 2 years).

That being said I want to thank everybody for their input but after hours of comparing various makes and models, I decided to get another HP (Mini 210 HD). Big Grin
(2010-04-02, 09:33 PM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-04-02, 09:20 PM)Lyndon Wrote: [ -> ]If your looking for something just for business/travel then it's a great product. You can get iWork for it, plug it into a projecter, etc. So what if it doesn't have a few features that laptop has, its more portable. Plus the 3.2 software has features we don't even know yet.

I would recommend a regular laptop overall though.
@Scoutie, there are FTP Apps, If I really wanted to, I could manage a whole website from my iPod Touch.

Actually it isn't. Look at it. Its actually harder to carry around then a laptop or a netbook. Does it comes with iWork? If not thats a waste of cash to blow money on. Can you add a dock the the Ipad? Can you play flash games? Can you webchat? It sounds like your just being a mac fanboy for a product that is crap.

I can webchat on my iPod touch, you stupid little troll. And yes, I know I'm rather late with this comment.
I used my thumb to wipe off some dirt from my Acer Aspire 3690 laptop .. And it broke the screen. Fail.
(2010-04-03, 01:32 AM)Lee Merriman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-04-02, 09:33 PM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-04-02, 09:20 PM)Lyndon Wrote: [ -> ]If your looking for something just for business/travel then it's a great product. You can get iWork for it, plug it into a projecter, etc. So what if it doesn't have a few features that laptop has, its more portable. Plus the 3.2 software has features we don't even know yet.

I would recommend a regular laptop overall though.
@Scoutie, there are FTP Apps, If I really wanted to, I could manage a whole website from my iPod Touch.

Actually it isn't. Look at it. Its actually harder to carry around then a laptop or a netbook. Does it comes with iWork? If not thats a waste of cash to blow money on. Can you add a dock the the Ipad? Can you play flash games? Can you webchat? It sounds like your just being a mac fanboy for a product that is crap.

I can webchat on my iPod touch, you stupid little troll. And yes, I know I'm rather late with this comment.
I used my thumb to wipe off some dirt from my Acer Aspire 3690 laptop .. And it broke the screen. Fail.

Good for you? Also thank you for the comment. You can do that with your touch but not the Ipad, which was my point. Funny you mention that, i have a similar model, that has been around for a while. I think i may have that one somewhere still.
I can manage all of my servers from my cell phone with PuTTY, that's not the point though. I want an actual workstation. Wink
(2010-04-03, 01:50 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]I can manage all of my servers from my cell phone with PuTTY, that's not the point though. I want an actual workstation. Wink

..Putty? On a cell phone? What phone is this and how is it done, sir? I have TouchTerm on my iTouch, and it works nicely, but still!
(2010-04-02, 10:06 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]>>Captain Awesome's Weblog
>>Flash-powered Tag Cloud
>>Flash Is Garbage

Find me a JavaScript version of that plugin and I'd switch them in a heartbeat.
Pages: 1 2 3