MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Topic in Chat-style possible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Is it possible, with the basic theme that is customised, to have topics look like a chat? The First post is H-alined to the left, the second post to the right, and so on.

For an example i made a screenshot, says more than a 1000 words:
Can you provide a link to the forum?
Yes, i can: http://www.mac4dummies.com

In the forums i want to have the odd posts on the left side of the table and the even posts on the right side of the table.

The reason why i'm asking this is because i can do some changes in CSS and PHP, but not recode or program myself. (cut and paste is the most used in my site development)
This is quite hard.

I'll think about it this week.
All they've done is a border-radius of 15px on the trows, thead, tcat, and tborder.
The posts are now in a table. The table header might disappear, no problem (for example see attachment).

I think for the easyness i'll put the buttons under the posts in the posts self. In that way i can remove a table row and makes it probably easier to have odd posts on the left and the even posts to the right.

To have it more clear it would be better to make the posts less wide, so visitors can see the difference between posts, other than by the colors. (even in the attachment)

And yes, all i've done is making rounded corners and colors, tha's the level of "design" that i'm capable of.
I remember Chatbubble theme from SMF Wink
You got a link for that theme? I searched but didn't find it.
Anyone else have an idea (or can provide me some help)?
Pages: 1 2 3