MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuss: MyBB 1.04 Released - Security Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I've always had that problem with pictures when I used FileZilla but since I started using SmartFTP it's been working fine.

Quote:Worrying! isn't it... ?? Lol!

I've got more complicated stuff to worry about. Like trying to pass this computer programming course (Visual Basic) without going insane.
there was a bug in the update, to be specific in the moderation while marking a report as read

fixed it here

regards
zaher1988 Wrote:I guess they are busy making the next security release , cause chris stated that there will be more than one!.

regards

Surely releasing one large security update would be best.
Why would that be the best? Then people using MyBB will be "attackable" untill an large security update was released. It's better to be more secure as we go. It's not like an large security update can be released as quick as these fixes.
CraKteR Wrote:Why would that be the best? Then people using MyBB will be "attackable" untill an large security update was released. It's better to be more secure as we go. It's not like an large security update can be released as quick as these fixes.

I assumed they had already found the security bugs and were releasing seperate fixes for them.
It'd be nice to get the 1.04 release notice on www.mybboard.com. 1.02 and 1.03 are both mentioned but 1.04 is just mentioned as the lastest version.

Latest News
MyBB 1.03 Released - Critical Security Update
Posted on January 31 2006 @ 10:55 am (GMT) by Chris Boulton

Available immediately, we're announcing a security update for MyBB dubbed MyBB 1.03. This update affects ALL COPIES OF MYBB including previous versions.

The update fixes the found SQL injection vulnerability (Critical) as well as several other medium priority vulnerabilities recently discovered.

We recommend everybody update their board as soon as possible.
It was their before, but the news must have been removed. Dunno why though...
I must congratulate the myBB team on flawless, smooth updates over the last few months. I am a new myBB user converted from phpBB about a few months ago and I must say that upgrading is a pleasure with myBB. With a heavily modded phpBB board the only option was to make the changes manually which took hours of my precious time.

With myBB I already have all the features I want without modding it and the additional advantage of being able to update it in seconds.
can I ask, once I have downloaded to the zip files, where exactly do I extract them to?
You have to unzip them on your computer. After that there's the folder Documentation which contains further instructions.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5