MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: cannot login admin after 1st install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
here is the screenshot

[Image: error-1.png]

i tried to install mybb 3times but i still cannot login after install..it says wrong username & pass..i just set the username to "admin" & pass to "admin" & it says wrong combination...

i'm using the latest version 1.4.12
Download again and try a new copy of ./inc/functions.php.
I am having the same problem. I downloaded a new copy of ./inc/functions.php., but that did not help.

Here are the steps I took to get to this point:
1. Created a test forum with a back-up copy of the my existing forum (using myBB.1.4.9).
2. Uploaded myBB.1.4.1.3
3. Restored the database tables with a back-up from my existing forum
4. Now teady to install myBB.1.4.1.3, but it isn't letting me past the login screen. Says I have an incorrect password. Any help?

~Beth
If it's saying it's wrong then it's wrong... but run this query:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `password` = '098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6', `salt` = '' WHERE `uid` = '1';

Change the 1 if that's not your UID. Then your password will be test.
(2010-05-16, 10:28 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]If it's saying it's wrong then it's wrong... but run this query:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `password` = '098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6', `salt` = '' WHERE `uid` = '1';

Change the 1 if that's not your UID. Then your password will be test.

Tried this and the SQL said it affected 1 line, so it appears to have been successful. Still can't login with "test" as the password. Huh

The password issue is weird as I know and can use my password in the forum I copied this back-up from. As you note, I am sure I have something wrong in the copied forum. Not sure how or when it changed.
~Beth
Here is a thought. On my original site, I created a usergroup Super Administrator (GID 4), for myself and another person. There is an Administrator, but it looks like I set a lot of the permissions to No. Could this be part of the issue? And if so, is there a query to help with this one?
~Beth
Did you run the upgrade script?
That is the process I am in and it won't let me past the log in screen.
I don't think you can have spaces in your username
I always have had a space in my name on prior board versions. And I have tried logging in with my administrator's name (which is one word). I have even gone as far as to change all my Administrator's permissions to yes, recreate a new back-up file, restore that file to my test site, and then run Matt's script for UID 2 (which is that of my Administrator). Of course, also tried myself. No luck either way. But I appreciate the ideas!
~Beth
(2010-05-17, 12:36 AM)beth Wrote: [ -> ]Here is a thought. On my original site, I created a usergroup Super Administrator (GID 4), for myself and another person. There is an Administrator, but it looks like I set a lot of the permissions to No. Could this be part of the issue? And if so, is there a query to help with this one?
~Beth

Yes, the user you're trying to login with has to have full admin permissions...

(2010-05-17, 12:13 PM)NeoFusion720 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think you can have spaces in your username

Um... yes you can...
Pages: 1 2