MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB odd error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OK

I think ive installed the board correctly, bcause i can view board index and thwe admin CP. but chen i look under Users and groups (in admin cp), and then manage groups, and then i click editusergroup, then GO, i get error 403 Forbidden by the hosting company.

The hosting is free by Awardspace.com

but not work..... i havent noticed any other bugs either....
i suggest contacting ur hosting company!

anyway give us ur php info!! in case

regards
Hosting OS Proprietary *nix
PHP version 4.4.1
Perl version 5.8.4
MySQL version 4.0.24

it should work i think...

EDIT:
And, is it in any way possible, hopefully though admin cp to edit html stuff for pages and parts of the forum?
johannes Wrote:And, is it in any way possible, hopefully though admin cp to edit html stuff for pages and parts of the forum?
You can edit the HTML code in the templates section in your Admin-CP.

Admin-CP -> Templates -> Modify/Delete -> *Your Templateset* -> Expand
Michael83 Wrote:
johannes Wrote:And, is it in any way possible, hopefully though admin cp to edit html stuff for pages and parts of the forum?
You can edit the HTML code in the templates section in your Admin-CP.

Admin-CP -> Templates -> Modify/Delete -> *Your Templateset* -> Expand

I get 403 forbidden on that too Sad
OK i posted it on myb hosting company forum,

check it out
http://forum.awardspace.com/viewtopic.php?p=1064#1064

and lol read wht a dude replied
You wouldn't have installed any mods by any chance? I have a suspicion....
Try looking at the CHMOD values of those files and compare them to some other files that work.
And lol to the reply Smile
I wouldn't be surprised if this is one of those string-matches on mod_security.... I'd recommend searching the forums....I believe someone found a fix (or rather a workaround) for it in the thread I started about template manager prohibiting access or something to that effect....
No, i havent installed any mods or anything, just the latest forum package...

What should i do?

If it's caused by mod_security try this:

Create a .htaccess with the following content and upload it into your forums directory:
SecFilterEngine Off
Pages: 1 2