MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Another reason not to buy the ipad.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
As if I needed ANOTHER reason to skip out on that trash.
Can't JS+SVG do just about anything Adobe Flash can do? As well as being pretty much completely open formats, which is nice.
That sucks Sad
Quote:Adobe is instead focusing on other platforms, namely Android. Chambers said he will personally shift "all of my mobile focus" from the iPhone to Android, and that he has a particular interest in Android-based tablets.

I'll keep saying it..short Apple stock. I think they are in for a downfall of 25% or more in the next year. The ipad is going to flop so badly.
I hope the ipad will flop so real innovation will get the praise it deserves but honestly I don't see it happening. There are to many apple fan boys out there that buy it just because apple made it.
(2010-04-21, 08:41 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]I hope the ipad will flop so real innovation will get the praise it deserves but honestly I don't see it happening. There are to many apple fan boys out there that buy it just because apple made it.

Agreed, my dad is picking up 3 of them in Las Vegas this week because his rich friend wants two just for the sake of having it, Shame that money could have been put to better use such as a charity donation or something.
They have a reason to not allow Flash (even though I don't agree with it).
However, they do not have a reason to not allow printing (without installing any 3rd party software applications): http://forums.consoleaddicted.com/Thread...ing-Secret
(2010-04-21, 08:37 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]I'll keep saying it..short Apple stock. I think they are in for a downfall of 25% or more in the next year. The ipad is going to flop so badly.

Unfortunately, people keep on buying their crap. iMacs and iPods are their only real innovations imo.

I'm glad Adobe are dropping the iPhone after CS5. Good decision.
In my opinion, Apple will probably release a 2nd Generation either this fall or next spring. It's how they work. Make a teaser product then bring in the big cahoona. Just look at the iPod touch

The 1st generation couldunt even run third party apps until the 2nd generation came out with 2.0 OS.

And they can't do printing because to print, you need drivers, something that would take up alot of space. The workaround to this is to put your printer on your network and print wirelessly by sending documents to your main comp.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5