MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [BETA] Touch of Color - Premium Wordpress theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I got some inspiration from another Wordpress theme site, and it made me really want to try to make a cool looking Wordpress theme (The ones he had were AMAZING.)

So, out of sheer luck, I opened Photoshop and immediately had an idea for a theme and started designing it.

I started out with red, and while I was making the PSD I changed the colors and found some that I really liked, so I decided to add a color changer to it as well (I love making color changers, lol)

Here is what I have to far.

[attachment=18059]

When you hover over the date, and the comment counter, the background on them change from that dark grey color to the same color scheme, I can't explain it very well and I don't have a demo so that's the best I can give ya Toungue

I haven't implemented the sidebar yet, but I have coded the PSD to my local host and I added a page to show what a post with comments looks like. Here's that part.

[attachment=18060]

Update 5/12/2010:
Started coding the actual Wordpress theme. What I had was just an xHTML/CSS template. It's how I start all my themes.
I had added a sidebar since this post. I have as well added social sharing buttons that show in the same manner as the color changer. The icons include Facebook, Twitter, and RSS.
The colors that are included are Red, Teal, Green, Orange, and Purple.

Here is the latest updated screenshot.
[attachment=18270]

Update 5/13/2010:
Coding finished, demo blog uploaded, theme installed. Beta testing begins. Let me know of any bugs you may find.
http://joshee.sitefrost.com/touch
It has a nice layout but it's too dull imo. If there's too much gray and not enough color my eyes tend to get screwed up and the boundaries become almost invisible.
I might change it so you don't have to hover over the date and comment count to get them to change to the correct color, I will probably just make them colored by default.
The background is very nice. It needs something for the toplinks.
When you hover over them the background is that same dark grey color as everything else and the text turns an off white.

EDIT: Is this better for the color problem, Scoutie?

[attachment=18062]
I like that better, but I think that the selected menu should be colored too.
(2010-04-27, 01:17 AM)Firestryke31 Wrote: [ -> ]I like that better, but I think that the selected menu should be colored too.

Just tried that, it doesn't look good.
Yeah even that little bit of color helps to break it up a little.
Yeah, I agree the way I had it didn't have much noticeable color. You had to hover over them to get their color to show. Now they are that color by default, and when you hover over them they turn that dark grey color, instead of the other way around.
Hmm, what about maybe having a gradient on hover? I'm just thinking that keeping the color there would look better than switching to a gray.
Pages: 1 2 3