MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mac users.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Should read this. (I know here most of you mac users are smart, but this represents so many people...)

http://www.pcworld.com/article/194429/ap..._says.html

Quote:"I think Microsoft does a better job with their code auditing than folks like Apple do. We've only seen a scratching of the surface as far as Apple vulnerabilities because nobody cares to find them. There's nothing inherent with Apple themselves and their development. The only reason Apple gets little increase in security is because they're running on top of a Unix-based operating system and they can take advantage of some of the things that have been done for them."
^ owned Toungue
Ok so they're running off a UNIX system. Props to them for being smarter than Microsoft as I haven't seen microsoft go and do something like that. Even if they are using someone elses works.
(2010-04-28, 06:38 PM)Lyndon Dueck Wrote: [ -> ]Ok so they're running off a UNIX system. Props to them for being smarter than Microsoft as I haven't seen microsoft go and do something like that. Even if they are using someone elses works.

Ha, not the point, read the article. Also microsoft has done more for linux/unix then apple. 20k of kernal code if i remember Toungue
(2010-04-28, 06:38 PM)Lyndon Dueck Wrote: [ -> ]Ok so they're running off a UNIX system. Props to them for being smarter than Microsoft as I haven't seen microsoft go and do something like that. Even if they are using someone elses works.

If you had millions of people running Linux, I can assure you there would be nearly as many virus for Linux as there are for Windows
I SO WANNA SEND THIS ON AN EMAIL TO MY TEACHER!!!!

She says Macs are much better than PC, that most designers use Macs, and they don't have to worry about virus and stuff.
I tried to argue with her, but couldn't make her understand. Dumb teacher.
(2010-04-28, 09:27 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]I SO WANNA SEND THIS ON AN EMAIL TO MY TEACHER!!!!

She says Macs are much better than PC, that most designers use Macs, and they don't have to worry about virus and stuff.
I tried to argue with her, but couldn't make her understand. Dumb teacher.

Email her then, lol
Makes me RAAAAAAAGE when people say Macs are better. I just hate it. Stupid fanboy-ism.
Both are equally good in sense, the only thing is one company likes to be a cheap blueberry and ones doesnt Toungue
Both Mac and Windows suck in their own ways. They both also rock in their own ways. Like my response in any OS battle, the only OS that truly sucks is Linux.
Pages: 1 2 3 4