MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A more professional MyBB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
(2010-05-01, 08:55 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]Not only this but also the people who just won't "grow up".

FYI: When you have nothing to say, say nothing.
(2010-05-01, 09:12 PM)exdiogene Wrote: [ -> ]Ryan, i am sorry to inform you that three different staff members were informed in this issue...

Then it would seem that it wasn't a mistake. If three different people looked into it then I am confident in the staff members that it wasn't a mistake.

If you still feel it was a mistake then obviously you need to ask someone else on the staff besides one of those three staff members.
I strongly believe that if after i told everything to Chris Boulton, Dennis Tsang and Ryan Loos i will lose my time trying to tell anyone else!

This is a part of the answer from Ryan Loos:

Ryan Loos Wrote:So, in summary, I've changed the rules, I honestly thought that it was a rule at one stage, I seem to have been mistaken, or perhaps it was accidentally removed and you are welcome to keep your thread updated.

I hate to publish PM to public, but it seem necessary here to prove my point, it was a mistake! Sad
(2010-05-01, 09:15 PM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]FYI: When you have nothing to say, say nothing.

Well that's typically what I do..
I haven't made any comments about this post thread yet (just been reading to see how it turns out). But I must say I find it ironic in view of the fact what this post thread is supposed to be all about, we get such a post as this from the o/p.....

(2010-05-01, 04:58 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]technoman, please stop replying to this thread because you have no idea what you are talking about and it is truly annoying having to read your posts that have nothing to do with what the rest of us are talking about. Every aspect of MyBB will always (according to Chris) be FREE! I have concluded that either you have severely low reading comprehension skills or you are replying to this thread just to troll. I am not sure which option I hope it is.

Talk about wanting things to be professional here, at least try to show some of it when trying to write/type about it!! Technoman (like anyone else) has as much right to write/type whatever he want here, it matters not if it's to your liking, simply ignore it if you don't like it, or report it rather than bring it up in a post thread!

With regards to the original post here, I disagree entirely with the fact of paying for a "professional" service, wouldn't that be discriminating against others? As for the Admin/Mods here, I'm not sure where thing about them not being mature comes from! Sure they have a laugh or two here, but to me that's what helps the forums "friendlier", I'd hate to see them having to "keep a stiff upper lip" all the time, I doubt that they'd want to remain as Admin/Mods for long if this was the case. Sure they make the odd error, but they're only human, and controlling forums is always an "experience" for everyone!

What I'd suggest if anyone seems to be annoying to you, report them, ignore their posts or better yet hit the "ignore" button to stop seeing their posts. Other than that, let them be like everyone else does...As far as MyBB itself is concerned, it's a "free society", let's keep it like that. Smile

Or perhaps another suggestion would be for someone to create a new MyBB support forum....Lets see how well that'd go! Smile
(2010-05-01, 10:22 PM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]Or perhaps another suggestion would be for someone to create a new MyBB support forum....Lets see how well that'd go! Smile

There are other forums that offer support for MyBB. In fact most of the sites I go to for plugins offer support for MyBB as well. The issue here is this is the one that "everyone" will see and possibly make judgments based on.

As for the immaturity of staff... I don't wish to give specific examples or a name, but I can think of at least one staff member that frequently seems to be immature and at least to me, appears to make decisions as much or more based off of whatever he wants rather than rules or what is most beneficial. This is not all of the staff by a long shot though.
(2010-05-01, 10:22 PM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't made any comments about this post thread yet (just been reading to see how it turns out). But I must say I find it ironic in view of the fact what this post thread is supposed to be all about, we get such a post as this from the o/p.....

(2010-05-01, 04:58 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]technoman, please stop replying to this thread because you have no idea what you are talking about and it is truly annoying having to read your posts that have nothing to do with what the rest of us are talking about. Every aspect of MyBB will always (according to Chris) be FREE! I have concluded that either you have severely low reading comprehension skills or you are replying to this thread just to troll. I am not sure which option I hope it is.

Talk about wanting things to be professional here, at least try to show some of it when trying to write/type about it!! Technoman (like anyone else) has as much right to write/type whatever he want here, it matters not if it's to your liking, simply ignore it if you don't like it, or report it rather than bring it up in a post thread!

I'm sorry, but the truth hurts sometimes.
(2010-05-02, 12:47 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry, but the truth hurts sometimes.

You started this thread, Is that all you have to say?
(2010-05-01, 08:55 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]Not only this but also the people who just won't "grow up".

(2010-05-02, 12:47 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry, but the truth hurts sometimes.

I hate repeating the same thing, When you have nothing to say, say nothing.
(2010-05-02, 12:55 AM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]

You started this thread, Is that all you have to say?

I hate repeating the same thing, When you have nothing to say, say nothing.

Would you like a solution? Try this.
I'll stay with my own opinion, but thanks "41shots"

I'm curious though, is MyBB going to remain FREE or are we heading towards a money support system? MyBB staff can you PLEASE with a cherry on top join in and give us a view of your own on this topic?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10