MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The perfect forum skin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Just make one similar.
And then watch yourself get sued. Smile
(2010-05-16, 03:58 PM)Rozzy Wrote: [ -> ]And then watch yourself get sued. Smile

No, you can't get sued for making similar products, as long as the code is different, not a thing they can do.
So if I used exactly the same images, just with a different code, they can't do anything? o.O
(2010-05-16, 04:02 PM)Rozzy Wrote: [ -> ]So if I used exactly the same images, just with a different code, they can't do anything? o.O

As long as you made the images, yes.
But you can't prove you made the images. Unless you saved a .psd. But if the skin came with a .psd, they'd think your just using that .psd.
Then you keep the PSD which has more information than just the image (such as date of creation). Sure that can be changed pretty easily but it's better than nothing.
That is a pretty epic theme. I might make something like it for MyBB.. Rolleyes
I have ipb license trust me might like skins but not what the company that created the software have planned i remember when the license fee was good as $60 now its at $149 now yes the software good and has alot plug ins from ipb eg downloads, gallery and blog to create good community forum but all $$ now.
How about we stick to making original themes instead of always trying to copy themes from other theme authors? Just a thought...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5