MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The perfect forum skin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(2010-05-16, 06:56 PM)Joshee Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-05-16, 06:55 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]The only reason I will never pay for software: you have to renew the license, and therefore pay for it again. Which totally sucks.

You would think since they make you pay hundreds of dollars once they wouldn't make you do it again...

When you go to the store to buy a bottle of coke, do you expect the next time it will free?
You don't have to renew. That's only if you want support. Which makes sense. You typically don't find any services for a one time fee.
(2010-05-16, 07:38 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]You don't have to renew. That's only if you want support. Which makes sense. You typically don't find any services for a one time fee.

And, updates which may include security updates...

@Mark there is a difference between Coke and Software. I can understand renewing it for major upgrades (that's how it is for most software). But, you do get free updates and support for the most part (Office, even windows Toungue, Adobe products, just about them all).
(2010-05-16, 07:31 PM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-05-16, 06:55 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]The only reason I will never pay for software: you have to renew the license, and therefore pay for it again. Which totally sucks.

You would think since they make you pay hundreds of dollars once they wouldn't make you do it again...

When you go to the store to buy a bottle of coke, do you expect the next time it will free?

That would be getting another bottle of Coke, so you're paying for each one. With the forums, you're most likely only going to buy one copy. And if you want another one, you can buy another one. But if you were to buy a bottle of Coke, why should you have to pay monthly/yearly for it?
(2010-05-16, 08:12 PM)Joshee Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-05-16, 07:31 PM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]

That would be getting another bottle of Coke, so you're paying for each one. With the forums, you're most likely only going to buy one copy. And if you want another one, you can buy another one. But if you were to buy a bottle of Coke, why should you have to pay monthly/yearly for it?

You can use the same bottle, you just need to fill it.
Touche Tommy, touche Toungue

That untrue if you pay $149.00 the software is yours to keep as long you like the upgrade last 6 months but after that period you can pay $30 this continues with support and upgrade for another 6 months.
iirc all customers will get critical security updates regardless. I could be wrong but I remember some company offering that.

Anyways you're still paying for a service which usually follows a subscription model.
Software is rather cheap actually, but I don't make any money. My mom gives me a buck or two once in a while, and for my birthday, Christmas and stuff... and I steal from my parents wallets (shhh!) Angel
I just use MyBB anyways so my only costs are a domain and hosting Toungue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5