MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Little bit disappointed @ nested tags
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I'm not entirely sure I understand your post...
At least you suggested something Smile

And that's not a dig at the OP either, just a statement.
(2010-06-09, 03:08 PM)laeresh Wrote: [ -> ]Even if this is a known bug for a long long while, i'd rather have them fix security issues and features than this simple tag which isn't necessary and hardly used.

Security bugs like? Also, you mean to tell me color is an infrequently used MyCode? Besides that, this is an issue in both 1.4 and 1.6 so I'm not sure how "downgrading" to 1.4 will help at all.
Laeresh, part of the development process is user feedback. And that's all I was giving Smile
I'm a newbie with mybb but if the problem is only with color tag you can test to fix with this:
		// Fix color issue
		$standard_mycode['color']['regex'] = "#\[color=([a-zA-Z]*|\#?[0-9a-fA-F]{6})](.*?)\[color=([a-zA-Z]*|\#?[0-9a-fA-F]{6})](.*?)\[/color\]\[/color\]#si";
		$standard_mycode['color']['replacement'] = "<span style=\"color: $1;\">$2</span><span style=\"color: $3;\">$4</span>";

PS: This work olny with a code like this:
[color=#FF0000]test1 [color=#1E90FF]test2[/color][/color]
I think it can be fixed with a best regex.

-
Add this code inside class_parser.php > function cache_mycode()
And Darkwolf comes out of no where with 5 posts to save the day Toungue.

* Alex Smith checks dates on redmine fore submitting reply and finds out Ryan figured it out before Darkwolfs post :/.
Yaaaaay! Love the MyBB team thanks Big Grin
Now, does the solution work for
[color=#343D91]blue [color=#24E026]green[/color] blue[/color]
(2010-06-15, 04:31 PM)Firestryke31 Wrote: [ -> ]Now, does the solution work for
[color=#343D91]blue [color=#24E026]green[/color] blue[/color]

That's bad code period. MyBB shouldn't be responsible for dumb tags. I don't even know if it would pass validation. I believe the color tag uses span and you can't nest spans.
Pages: 1 2 3 4