MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i get this error when i try to install

Warning: main(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(../inc/class_core.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/freehost/scripts/:.) in /home/freehost/t35.com/k/n/knibble1234/Forum/Upload/install/index.php on line 16

Warning: main(../inc/class_core.php): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /home/freehost/t35.com/k/n/knibble1234/Forum/Upload/install/index.php on line 16

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '../inc/class_core.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/freehost/t35.com/k/n/knibble1234/Forum/Upload/install/index.php on line 16
Heloo there

1st of all have u uploaded all of ur files?
are they in the correct path?
make sure that your files are 755 (for example class_core.php)

regards

yer there all like that
ow i see
You're restricted from opening anything from the /inc/ Check with your webhost I think it's a problem with the php.ini

check here /Forum/Upload/inc/ i guess that security message has to deal with ur problem, not really sure
regards
It's a problem with the PHP configuration, and it may have been made like that intentionally by your webhost to disallow certain files from being included.
ok
i changed host and now i get this

Code:
Warning: main(..Uploadincclass_core.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/knibble/public_html/Forums/Upload/install/index.php on line 16

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '..Uploadincclass_core.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/knibble/public_html/Forums/Upload/install/index.php on line 16

so i have 1 less line but still no luck

php up to line 24 of index.php

Code:
<?php
/**
* MyBB 1.0
* Copyright � 2005 MyBulletinBoard Group, All Rights Reserved
* License: http://www.mybboard.com/eula.html
* $Id: index.php 941 2005-12-09 16:19:52Z Kilroy $
*/
error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);

// The version number of MyBB we are installing
$myver = "1.0";

require "..Uploadincclass_core.php";
$mybb = new MyBB;

// Include the files necessary for installation
require "../inc/class_timers.php";
require "../inc/functions.php";
require "../admin/adminfunctions.php";
require "../inc/class_xml.php";
require "../inc/functions_user.php";
require "..Uploadincclass_core.php";
This line is wrong, it has to be:
require "../inc/class_core.php";
ok now i can get to the install page Big Grin

but its saying that the avator file isnt chmod'ed witch it isnt and it doesnt let me either

what should i do now?
Well make sure to chmod both ./uploads and ./uploads/avatars to 777

if u dont have permissions to chmod, then u have to whether contact your hosting company, or change them again Confused !!

see ya
ok got to the mysql part

i need to know what you put in all the boxes (not sure on them all)
Pages: 1 2