MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: More Languages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think you guys should add more sub-forum languages to the Internationalization forum, such as Italian (which I am quite fluent in)
We're planning a reorganisation/restructuring of a few sections and forums closer to the release of MyBB 1.6 (still no estimate on when that will be, so do not ask).
On a somewhat related note, i think you should add more languages to the board :/
(2010-05-21, 01:50 AM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]On a somewhat related note, i think you should add more languages to the board :/
What do you mean? What board?
This board. Community.mybb.com. Only english shows up on the quick languages changer. The language packs that are official should (Imho) be installed.
Ah, right. You mean language packages.

I guess that would be up to management. Smile
(2010-05-21, 02:05 AM)Ryan Loos Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, right. You mean language packages.

Ah sorry for not being clear. But yes. Seems kinda stupid to have a team make something, and then not use it at all.
(2010-05-21, 02:14 AM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-05-21, 02:05 AM)Ryan Loos Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, right. You mean language packages.

Ah sorry for not being clear. But yes. Seems kinda stupid to have a team make something, and then not use it at all.

Doing that would hamper our abilities to run versions ahead of what the translators have available and would otherwise cause inconsistencies.

I could think of a dozen other reasons why it would end up being a problem.
(2010-05-21, 05:44 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Doing that would hamper our abilities to run versions ahead of what the translators have available and would otherwise cause inconsistencies.

I could think of a dozen other reasons why it would end up being a problem.
I figured there was some reason(s) we'd never done it in the past. Smile
It's a good idea to have more languages in this forum so that we could enjoy speaking in different ways. It would be a great opportunity to those who want to show what they got in terms of languages. If you don't mind, I can speak in French and Spanish well.
Pages: 1 2