MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Sponsorship For VPS and reseller accounts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
that was way back in 2007. Since I seen everyone made requests, I have decided to join the trend. But, OK, I will post more if you want.
And about getting a new paypal, can youi registwer one for me?

I will not get paid. I will start a free host. If you create a new account for me, that will be OK. Remember, they don't want to see my name, address etc.
(2010-05-27, 07:15 PM)luis123456 Wrote: [ -> ]Reason: I want to start a hosting company, and use Kloxo as control panel. I allso want to develop and run my own software, so for that I need shell access. Also, I need a home testing environment. With the recent problems I faced with some free hosts, I think an independent account/VPS would not face arbitrary termination and with shell access I will ensure to not to install or use PHPShell for running some commands.
Also, most hosts block shell_exec, and PHPInfo :s. That makes my life harder, and quotas tend to be very low, and restricted. (One host gave me only 5 GB and without overselling, and to earn 1 more GB you must get 1000 points (not posts:@) and you earned per post 0,1 points, and refused to promote me, so that I can earn more points, so I had no other option but to search for offers (and get into more problems), so I think a VPS or a reseller with shell would be more than enough for me Toungue
EDIT: Please note, the VPS is totally optional. What I am requesting, is a reseller wih a 10 gb space, 100 GB bandwidth, with overselling enabled and shell (I can give anything in return except money).
Ability to upgrade by doing work as support, ect.

It is likely you may fail with a free control panel. People tend to use cPanel for webhosting, or another paid panel.
You need to be able to pay to succeed.

Easyest Way to put it:

You need to put something in, to get something out
(2010-05-28, 10:08 PM)groovybluedog Wrote: [ -> ]Easyest Way to put it:

Unless you're a wizard!
(2010-05-28, 10:08 PM)groovybluedog Wrote: [ -> ]Easyest Way to put it:

This.
You need to spend money to make money, or in this case, to make a web host. o.0
The only place success comes before work is the dictionary (English).
Nobody is going to trust you to host their websites if you can't even pay for a VPS.

I think I already said that, I'm too lazy to check.
Yes you did.
(2010-05-28, 05:37 PM)luis123456 Wrote: [ -> ]that was way back in 2007. Since I seen everyone made requests, I have decided to join the trend. But, OK, I will post more if you want.

I will not get paid. I will start a free host. If you create a new account for me, that will be OK. Remember, they don't want to see my name, address etc.

I'm going to be incredibly blunt here - to be frank, I'm quite furious with your attitude towards the hosting industry. As said previously, you CANNOT invest nothing and EXPECT to get something back, a free hosting company or otherwise.

Honestly, people like you make my blood boil. I'm sure you're a perfectly nice individual, but I find the fact that you're trying to get water out of a stone infuriating. Month-on-month, we pay server bills (decent dedicated boxes in a decent Chicago facility, thankyouverymuch), licensing bills for LiteSpeed, cPanel etc, backup server and licensing bills to enable our clients to obtain bi-hourly backups off-site in a few clicks, support costs to maintain a 24x7 service...the list goes on and on. How on earth do you expect to enter this industry without paying for something?

More to the point, if you can't even manage a PayPal account, then how can you manage a business? So far, you can't fund it, and you want to "try" starting up a web host. Lovely.

I'm sorry if my tirade is upsetting - but I honestly hope it's a wake-up call. So many of the small companies in the industry pay to give good levels of service to their clients, and you just expect to get it from someone free on a silver platter.

Thanks for your request, but no thanks.
(2010-05-28, 11:38 PM)vividWire Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-05-28, 05:37 PM)luis123456 Wrote: [ -> ]that was way back in 2007. Since I seen everyone made requests, I have decided to join the trend. But, OK, I will post more if you want.

I'm going to be incredibly blunt here - to be frank, I'm quite furious with your attitude towards the hosting industry. As said previously, you CANNOT invest nothing and EXPECT to get something back, a free hosting company or otherwise.

Honestly, people like you make my blood boil. I'm sure you're a perfectly nice individual, but I find the fact that you're trying to get water out of a stone infuriating. Month-on-month, we pay server bills (decent dedicated boxes in a decent Chicago facility, thankyouverymuch), licensing bills for LiteSpeed, cPanel etc, backup server and licensing bills to enable our clients to obtain bi-hourly backups off-site in a few clicks, support costs to maintain a 24x7 service...the list goes on and on. How on earth do you expect to enter this industry without paying for something?

More to the point, if you can't even manage a PayPal account, then how can you manage a business? So far, you can't fund it, and you want to "try" starting up a web host. Lovely.

I'm sorry if my tirade is upsetting - but I honestly hope it's a wake-up call. So many of the small companies in the industry pay to give good levels of service to their clients, and you just expect to get it from someone free on a silver platter.

Thanks for your request, but no thanks.

If you think this is funny, just wait till you check out the Hosting Services section on hackforums.net.
(2010-05-28, 11:51 PM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]If you think this is funny, just wait till you check out the Hosting Services section on hackforums.net.

Dear god. I think I'll drink quite a bit of red wine, then I'll start posting around some fairly choice words if I'm in the right frame of mind Wink

Wannabehostbeating really should be an Olympic sport.
Pages: 1 2 3