MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Did I make the right choice?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Even though it's kind of late now that I ordered it Toungue.

I got a DSi instead of a PSP because I want something to play while on break or at lunch at work. Or, if I'm not driving and traveling it would be nice to have a portable game device.

Honestly it was hard for me to choose but the DS just seems to have a much better library (imo).

If you could still run emulators and what not with the PSP it would have probably won but I hear there are still no ways around the newer firmware.
You can buy the old ones, new. My uncle bought one for his kid for her birthday a few months back. Though the GO's seem to be whats better, and i find them crap.
Ouch, I would have waited for the new PSP and DS to come out as they are getting announced soon meaning they will be probably released before or in 2011.
DS > PSP. I prefer battery life and entertainment value over graphics.
(2010-05-28, 03:48 AM)Bob Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]Ouch, I would have waited for the new PSP and DS to come out as they are getting announced soon meaning they will be probably released before or in 2011.

I thought about it but they would also have small libraries and I've gone this long and without them. So being a year or 2 behind in the future won't be that big of deal Toungue.

And, from what I've seen the new DS (3d whatever) it's not that amazing.
I'm not sure where you live but here in the U.S. there is a store called GameStop that not only sells games and consoles but does trade-ins and whenever a new console comes out 99% of the time you are able to trade in the generation before that for an awesome discount (I was able to trade in my Nintendo DS for $100 off a new DS Lite when it was released so I got the benefit of using my DS until the new version came out and upgrade at a very low price). Wink
The new PSP2 is going to rape it will have duel cameras, no physical media, touch screen, 3G, and, a four-core Cell processor which is like a miniature PS3 processor. Rumors also go that it will be as powerful as a first-gen xBox = epic graphics.

[Image: 500x_500x_pspconcept.jpg]
Anything with less than 2 hours of battery life cannot be considered "mobile" or "portable" by any means.
(2010-05-28, 05:03 AM)Bob Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]The new PSP2 is going to rape it will have duel cameras, no physical media, touch screen, 3G, and, a four-core Cell processor which is like a miniature PS3 processor. Rumors also go that it will be as powerful as a first-gen xBox = epic graphics.

[Image: 500x_500x_pspconcept.jpg]

Quoted posts contains 100% conjecture (lol). Not much of it is even believable.

Anyways, I've been loving my DS since 2005 and finally upgraded to the DSi last March when it launched. Just last October I bought a PSP (3000 because I still wanted UMD ><; ) and have gotten much less enjoyment out of it than I thought I would. Of course now that Persona 3 Portable and MGS: Peace Walker are coming out soon I'm sure I'll get some play time out of it.

I kind of want to sell my silver one so I can buy the MGS pack that has a green PSP >>; lol
You could've looked for an older PSP if you wanted one to hack. I guess it depends on your genre really. I haven't touched my PSP for a while now to game but don't get me wrong it's still awesome. DS on the other hand is great if you like game such as pokemon and Mario.
Pages: 1 2