MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Let us change our own usernames?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
MyBB does have a feature that lets one change their own username. Why isn't that enabled here?
It'd be mayhem if everyone was changing their names.
No thanks, don't want to spend 30 minutes trying to figure out who someone is, only for them to change it again tomorrow.
(2010-05-30, 07:48 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]No thanks, don't want to spend 30 minutes trying to figure out who someone is, only for them to change it again tomorrow.
this
Can't you limit it though? (Not sure since I have never used that exact feature.)

Maybe if that's possible limit it to one name change per year. Plus, it would save moderators some time since they are the ones who have to take the time to change people's user names per requests.
I don't think so Spyda.

Also do you really want to give me the power to change my own name? I don't think so.
With a plugin, maybe?

I believe labrocca has something like this, or at least related to usernames.. can't remember *too lazy to check MyBBCentral*
Faviouz they can't install plugins here. Makes people think there is more to MyBB then there is.
IPB lets you restrict username changes to X changes per month/year. Something MyBB should consider adding.
I am going to change my username soon ^.^.
Pages: 1 2 3