MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Captcha doesn't work: very important.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My CAPTCHA is failing on my forums, meaning my users can't register. It's pretty important as this is a forum host. Anyways:

http://titanhost.us
New Installation with MyBBMF
MyBB 1.4.13 Installed

The CAPTCHA image doesn't show up. Try to register. My reCAPTCHA shows up, however the other one doesn't, and shouldn't. If you can't figure out how to fix this problem, how do I remove the old CAPTCHA then?

Thanks,
Matt
Viewing the image directly, you get this:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function my_rand() in /home/titanhos/public_html/forum/captcha.php on line 94

You've not got all your files uploaded properly. I don't know if you have FTP access using MyBBMF (I assume you mean multiforum??) if you don't have FTP access there's nothing you or I can do, you'll need to ask whoever does have FTP access to reupload all the files again.
if you right click -> view the broken captcha image, you get:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function my_rand() in /home/titanhos/public_html/forum/captcha.php  on line 94

so your files are not consistent, seems like you mixed a pre 1.4.12 inc/functions.php with a post 1.4.12 captcha.php
Matt, I've PMed you. I have full FTP access as I own the hosting service.
Then just upload all the files again Smile
I'll lose everything, though.
I'll reply here instead of via PM...

(2010-06-08, 08:35 PM)MattM Wrote: [ -> ]I'll lose everything, though.

Why...?? Have you edited any files??

The problem is you've got mismatched/out of date files. If you don't update this file, you're going to have errors in other places too. If this file is out of date, who knows what other files are out of date, hence me saying to upload everything again.
What are you asking me to re-upload, the core forum files?
Yes, the files...
I'll lose my MyBBMF then, since it replaces some files.
That may be difficult to work around: what if I just replace captcha.php?
Pages: 1 2