MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Open your eyes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Please forgive me beforehand if this post gets a bit personal and harsh, but I think it is well needed.

When I first joined mybb back in Aug 09, I thought that this place was great. Active community, very helpful people, and a great request section where one can always find what they are looking for. Now please forgive, I did have a brief hiatus of about 2 months as I prepared for AP tests, so something may have happened then, but as far as I can see I really don't know what has happened these past weeks. I do not need to call out anyone, because I think we all know what I am referring to. I really cannot fathom where all these disrespectful and outright rude people have magically appeared from.

Now realizing there is a problem, I think the staff needs to be a better job of reprimanding individuals. So what if people start to dislike you, they brought that on themselves by acting foolishly. I think staff needs to get stricter so that others can see by example what happens when you do xxx.

Furthermore, does this forum have any rules? Forgive me if I am missing them, but I do not see any stickies in the announcement forum.

We are not running a day-care center here people. Lets reprimand the idiots so that others like me can enjoy coming back to this site.

Thanks for reading.
Indeed. I completely agree with this thread.
Maybe we should get forum moderators?
(2010-06-09, 08:12 PM)Rozzy Wrote: [ -> ]Indeed. I completely agree with this thread.
Maybe we should get forum moderators?
Not necessarily forum moderators, because I'm pretty sure all staff has privileges. Just people need to start using them!
we do, pr liaisons. maybe the team needs to expand moar and maybe we should start reporting offensive posts to help out

i apologize for poor grammar/spelling as ium typing with 1 hand as the other is covered in crumbs
(2010-06-09, 08:21 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]we do, pr liaisons. maybe the team needs to expand moar and maybe we should start reporting offensive posts to help out

i apologize for poor grammar/spelling as ium typing with 1 hand as the other is covered in crumbs
I just reported the other thread with "ex-phbb" or w/e so I am trying to do my part.

But I though Pr liasons are people who spread the word about updates and what not. Thats the impression I got on the wiki at least.
Not from what I understand. I believe the SQA team manages the forums mostly as well.
Okay but still the point remains...are there any rules?
http://community.mybb.com/thread-55227.html
I doubt anyone reads them but really it's common sense.
The rules are stickied in the Chit-Chat forum, posted by Ryan Gordon.
Also, I suggested hiring several users to moderate the forums, than just giving support.
"No Inappropriate Content – This includes abusive, hateful, harassing, sexually-orientated, threatening, or invasive of a person’s privacy. You agreed to this when you registered on this forum."

"No Flaming – Rudeness towards other members will not be tolerated. Keep this forum friendly."

These 2 things have obviously been going on but it doesn't seem like the individuals are being reprimanded.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6