MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Particle Cannon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2010-06-11, 12:42 AM)Elegant Totality Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-06-11, 12:20 AM)Lyoko512 Wrote: [ -> ]Forums = content
Forums = members

Where did you get this ridiculous logic? =/

content = members.
Purchase a domain.
Get rid of 90% of the sections. Ridiculous amount you have.
(2010-06-10, 11:49 PM)Elegant Totality Wrote: [ -> ]What community? There isn't anything there but empty forums... =/

Oh yes, because your forums had thousands of members and posts when you finished running the installer. Seriously, this section is dedicated to showcasing and promoting your website. I think opinions about style and design is one thing, but it's disappointing seeing people give negative comments about the popularity of a forum that is utilising this section SPECIFICALLY to increase that.
Well content is like downloads and stuff right? People generally go on forums to discuss stuff, not download stuff.
(2010-06-11, 01:15 AM)Vampyrean Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-06-10, 11:49 PM)Elegant Totality Wrote: [ -> ]What community? There isn't anything there but empty forums... =/

Oh yes, because your forums had thousands of members and posts when you finished running the installer. Seriously, this section is dedicated to showcasing and promoting your website. I think opinions about style and design is one thing, but it's disappointing seeing people give negative comments about the popularity of a forum that is utilising this section SPECIFICALLY to increase that.

Exactly, and thanks.

Hes saying that the 353 forums (exaggeration) that are completely empty should be condensed.
(2010-06-11, 02:16 AM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]

Hes saying that the 353 forums (exaggeration) that are completely empty should be condensed.

That or at least filled up before you start asking for members... =/
(2010-06-11, 02:16 AM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]Hes saying that the 353 forums (exaggeration) that are completely empty should be condensed.

Not far off, fid=147 was the highest I found on quick glance.

That's far too many forums, condense them a lot, or the site will just look inactive.

You have a forum for Windows 3.1, what's the point? What is there to say about Windows 3.1 in 2010? There's plenty of other completely useless forums that will never be buzzing with activity, even if you have billions of members one day. Get rid.

10 forums should be more than enough to start with, then add more when they're needed.

Also get a theme, there's plenty of good free ones - http://mods.mybboard.net/themes/
The point is, this section is used to get opinions on the look and design of a forum using MyBB. Not to criticise them for having multiple forums with very little members. This is to promote people to join the forums and build it to the point you currently expect it to be at before posting it in this section. I'm just sayin'.
(2010-06-11, 03:34 AM)Vampyrean Wrote: [ -> ]The point is, this section is used to get opinions on the look and design of a forum using MyBB. Not to criticise them for having multiple forums with very little members. This is to promote people to join the forums and build it to the point you currently expect it to be at before posting it in this section. I'm just sayin'.

Were not talking about members. We are talking about 150ish forums.

Last time I checked, community didn't mean forums. But maybe I don't read the oxford dictionary often enough. Either way, I was just sticking up for this guy and all the others that get bombarded with the same thing. Basically, there should be a sticky thread to say:

Quote:If your forum isn't active with over 100 members and 5000 posts, don't bother posting it as you will just receive harsh comments and no useful criticism.
Pages: 1 2 3