MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PM titles / content not correct for first few page loads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Not a chance. It's outputted in the HTML, and it's generally once seen once and awhile. I've never seen it twice in a row Sad

It's almost like, you ever load a page and notice one element is missing? For example, the index page... now and then the images to indicate if the forum is posted in are missing. Generally every 1000th or so page loads.

I wish I could be more help! Not sure what else there is for me to say :-)

Thanks for keeping up on things! Smile

Edit: It's almost like a query issue. As if some some random reason it's returning the same result twice every now and then. If you merge queries/tables it may be why? But I'm not sure. I haven't dug down in the code - seems to run fine otherwise! Smile
Here we go. Screeny!
Now we're getting somewhere Toungue

So when you refresh it only showed the one of them?
Sorry. So, when I refresh it shows them all (all 3). Each is the exact same, and I need to view each one before they go to the status of 'read'.
Okay - sorry to keep hassling you but when you view all three of them, do 2 disappear and it just becomes one?

Also - do they all have the same "pmid" in the URL?
It 'skips' one. The first may be ID 9283, but the second is 9285, and the third 9287
Actually - noticed this myself today too.

However I took a look in the database and there is a few seconds time difference between the messages being sent - someone could actually be pressing submit more than once.
Yeah... it's just odd. Did yours skip a number between the IDs?
One of the PMIDs would be for your copy of the mail, the next PMID would be the one that the sender keeps in his sent mail. That would explain the skipping of PMIDs
I am having a similar PM issue where after I read a PM it's still in the header as a NEW pm that needs to be read. Also when I get a new PM popup and click cancel to continue the popup doesn't go away. On next page it popups again. It's annoying and obviously the PM system has a cache bug or something like that.
Pages: 1 2 3