MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Should I expand or stay?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was thinking about enlarging my niche from just MyBB to forum design in general. I've been pretty stagnant lately and I fell like I should try something new; mainly phpBB and SMF. So, what do you think? Should I stay here and improve on my skills or go out and try to design for other forum software?
If I was you, I wouldn't ask this question on the MyBB forums since you are bound to be getting biased answers.
(2010-06-11, 03:02 PM)Spyda Wrote: [ -> ]If I was you, I wouldn't ask this question on the MyBB forums since you are bound to be getting biased answers.

He will get baised answers no matter where he goes.

If your looking to make some money I would IPB and vB are your best bets.
(2010-06-11, 03:35 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]If your looking to make some money I would IPB and vB are your best bets.

I want to start out small yet strong. phpBB is the most popular free forum software to date so I feel that would be a good place to start.
Up to you but IPB and vB probably have the largest market of people willing to spend money on themes.
You should DEFINITELY try out new forum softwares. MyBB is the best that I've seen after going through many, but that doesn't mean you don't learn anything by working with a wide variety of different discussion board scripts.

Now would I use anything other than MyBB for a live forum I was making? No. :p
You should expand, with the new policy it's going to be hard to sell your themes to customers who don't know your site address.

It's what I did, currently making themes for IPB and vBulletin.
I think you should stay, I've tried other forum software, and myBB is the best, in my opinion.
Lyko, are you a designer? A theme designer?
This is what this thread is about, not about using different forum software.
There's nothing wrong with getting a wider skill set. If I were in the design game I'd try and install each major forum software on my localhost and design for all of them. The more services you offer, the more clients you get, and the more money you'll make.

As long as you keep your forums on MyBB that is. Wink
Pages: 1 2