MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The AWESOMEST Project I've Ever Done!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am in the middle of working on the single coolest thing - ever!

I run 5 forums. Many of my members are members on all the sites. SO, with this site, they can update their settings(as of now only Avatar, Sig, Tite, and Password are supported) and it will commit to all 5 databases. But! If they are a member on only 1 site, they can copy over their account to the other 4, with the press of a button! This is coming along quite well, too!

What do you think of this idea?

PS would I be allowed to post this in the showcase when it's done? Even though it's not powered by MyBB, it works with MyBB.
A MyBB bridge? I think Ralgith was making/made one.
Not so much a bridge. It's not connecting MyBB to a CMS. I guess it is kindof a bridge.

Just kinda random, I did it entirely in ASP.NET. =D
You like ASP a little too much.
(2010-06-16, 09:37 PM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]You like ASP a little too much.

I have an ASP.NET fetish.

Sorry.
Basically he's making a Control Panel for members that allows to edit settings over all the five forums. I would develop it, I am sure many people will make use of it.
(2010-06-16, 09:41 PM)Bob Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]Basically he's making a Control Panel for members that allows to edit settings over all the five forums. I would develop it, I am sure many people will make use of it.

Perfect way to sum it up!
Good luck, sounds amazing!
(2010-06-16, 09:55 PM)Rozzy Wrote: [ -> ]Good luck, sounds amazing!

Thanks. And uh.. not to brag or anything.. but.. it is :p
Can you code it in PHP so it can be used on any server that can run MyBB? Smile
Pages: 1 2