MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Coppermine or?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It`s been a while since I last visited mybb forums. Is Coppermine still the favourite for most users when integrating a gallery script to their mybb installations?

Im looking to switch over an SMF forum in the next couple of weeks. Members and myself are almost certainly going to want a gallery! I did like the SMF aeva gallery mod that was created over there, but the actual mybb board is a lot better hence why Im here. Too much bickering on their support/community forums too!
Aaron is working on one. I have good hopes on it.
Aaron? I go search this. THanks.
(2010-06-16, 10:15 PM)maritimer Wrote: [ -> ]Aaron? I go search this. THanks.

Its in the plugin development section.

He is a great coder, if he pops it out before 1.6 gold, is another question.
Coppermine is a quality gallery - I'd recommend using it - I'm using it here - Pet Photos
Yeah I agree Coppermine is a nice gallery. I`m using it with an Invision forum I run, everyone of the members really likes it. Just wanted to check out what was the latest and greatest for mybb Smile

I do find the Coppermine forum staff can be a little obnoxious at times!! If you don`t do exactly as the posting guidelines state they will certainly let you know!!!
i am using Coppermine on my site and it works fine. only thing i don't like about it is trying do a full site integration with it. i can get a basic header/footer match, but nothing dynamic in the default setup. it would require editing of the coppermine theme/template files to get the dynamic content to work (probably)
(2010-06-16, 10:22 PM)maritimer Wrote: [ -> ]I do find the Coppermine forum staff can be a little obnoxious at times!! If you don`t do exactly as the posting guidelines state they will certainly let you know!!!

Yeah, I daren't post there. Dodgy

There's a few people here that use it though, if you need any help just shout!

(2010-06-16, 10:36 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]i am using Coppermine on my site and it works fine. only thing i don't like about it is trying do a full site integration with it. i can get a basic header/footer match, but nothing dynamic in the default setup. it would require editing of the coppermine theme/template files to get the dynamic content to work (probably)

What dynamic content would you want?

The only reason I was trying to do it was to create a one-size-fits-all-theme. I can't see what else you would need it for?
(2010-06-16, 10:22 PM)maritimer Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I agree Coppermine is a nice gallery. I`m using it with an Invision forum I run, everyone of the members really likes it. Just wanted to check out what was the latest and greatest for mybb Smile

I do find the Coppermine forum staff can be a little obnoxious at times!! If you don`t do exactly as the posting guidelines state they will certainly let you know!!!

I prefer IP.Gallery for Invision forums. Coppermine is nice, though (free, too)
IP.Gallery is definitely a great option but I didn`t want to pay for something else. Of all the paid forum applications, I think IPB is the better. Just my personal preference.
Pages: 1 2