MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 403 Forbidden Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys,

Having a slight issue.

I am setting up www.mybbfaq.com and i cannot access it via any browser on my laptop at school. It won't work on any of the school computers either. But, it is working via a proxy.

But, i can access cPanel and FTP.... just not the main site or any files that are on the server.

I have done a cache clean. I have done a DNS flush for my computer... but still no luck.

How can i fix this???

Thanks,

Cohen
I can see it. Safari 4 Mac OS X 10.6.3
If it ain't working at school, there's a reason. Schools block everything. I can't access any of my sites at school unless through a proxy but they work fine at home.
Check your server's firewall and Apache logs. If you are getting a 403 error it means you're being blocked at the server (if it was your school's proxy you would receive a message from the proxy or a timeout most likely).
But, i can access all my other sites that are located on the same server... this includes www.cohenl.com and www.coloranks.info

It is just www.mybbfaq.com not working.

I have got around my schools proxy, so i can get everything..... so yeah Toungue.
Do you have any special .htaccess file setup for that site? I know my users get redirected to a 403 error depending on the country they are browsing from.
(2010-06-17, 05:05 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have any special .htaccess file setup for that site? I know my users get redirected to a 403 error depending on the country they are browsing from.

Nope.

I just created the account via WHM and then uploaded Wordpress.... and then i can't access...

I am talking to my host now about getting it resolved.
Sounds like a domain filter, not an IP based filter.
I can access fine...
The 403 error is an HTTPD error and unless your proxy is programmed to produce that error it can only be triggered by your server so it is definitely a server side problem or a really tricky proxy. Wink
Works fine for me...
Pages: 1 2