MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I want to install Ubuntu tomorrow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2010-06-24, 03:58 PM)alex clone Wrote: [ -> ]I am now on Linux ubuntu.

Learning how to use WineHQ to install MSN and such.

I prefer LInux 1000x mo0re than WIndows, its so much more user-friendly and smooth, faster, easier to use and overall cool and different Big Grin.

Windows live is quite crappy via wine. Just use pidgin or Emesene.
(2010-06-23, 02:46 PM)calvinharry Wrote: [ -> ]games don't run that well on linux... but that doesn't mean there are no games on linux. It's just less powerful than the windows platform.

The Windows platform is a PC. The Linux platform is (for the most part anyway, as the people don't know of my toaster) a PC. To say the Linux platform is less powerful is fallacious as the use the same platform.

Assuming you meant enviroment, you're still wrong. The reason "games don't run that well on linux" is that most games companies do not release Linux binaries of there games. Most games have to be played in a sand box mimicking the windows environment. Native games perform comparatively to windows versions.

There is an argument to be made that the Linux environment runs some games better than windows, as Linux users would typically only be running daemons required for usage. This is also a fallacious argument in that this thread assumes novice Ubuntu users who likely would not be able to optimise the system in this way, and a suitably knowledgeable windows user would be able to increase performance in this way in the windows environment as well.

(2010-06-24, 03:58 PM)alex clone Wrote: [ -> ]I am now on Linux ubuntu.

Learning how to use WineHQ to install MSN and such.

I prefer LInux 1000x mo0re than WIndows, its so much more user-friendly and smooth, faster, easier to use and overall cool and different Big Grin.

I remember using linux for the first time. It was a knoppix live cd. I didn't know about pidgin (then gaim) and just assumed that as MSN was a microsoft thing that linux didn't have its own client for it.
Pages: 1 2 3