MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Branding Free Option
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Question for the MyBB masters.

Do you offer now or would you consider in the future offering a branding free user license for a fee?

I'm new to your software and like what I see but know that the projects I develop have to be void of originator branding, hence I pay for the copyright removal option or use an application that offers it.
You are allowed to remove the copyright in the footer template under the terms of GPL (our licence) however you will not get support here if you do so, the choice is up to you.
(2010-06-23, 01:29 AM)Tim B. Wrote: [ -> ]You are allowed to remove the copyright in the footer template under the terms of GPL (our licence) however you will not get support here if you do so, the choice is up to you.

Thanks for the reply.

I would like support also. Any plans in the works to offer this type of license?

I'm certain there are more pixel jockeys like me who would like to use your software and support but cannot use the copyright notice and are willing to pay for that privilege.
I'll try and get someone from management to reply to this topic
Thanks for the support.
My question is why do you even want to remove copyright ?
I know does bunch of people who do not want anything unless they can put their own copyright beneath it and honestly i say F those people, let them make something themselves which is worth copyrighting it with their own.

You get the best quality forum software on the internet free of cost with the best support imaginable ( phpbb community is crap, vbulletin will price you (not everywhere but out of my experience happens quite often), ipb is average, same goes for smf ).
So to even considering removing such copyright from MyBB is just a plain insult.
The clients I work with expect the finished product to be void of second and third party branding including my own.
Paying the extra for copyright free licenses is expensive but the client demands it, the developer makes money and quite frankly the page design weights out better without the link verbiage on the footer.

Your taking this personally by saying "f" you if you need to remove this when in reality it's only business.
You could just create a fork of MyBB and label it with your own copyright and release it under MyBB's license ...
(2010-06-23, 07:52 PM)Gaara Wrote: [ -> ]You could just create a fork of MyBB and label it with your own copyright and release it under MyBB's license ...

Thanks for the idea.

Cannot have any viewable copyright of any kind on any public pages, mine or otherwise. As I read it I will not be able to get support without copyright showing on public pages, and I want to stay in the loop of support and updates.
(2010-06-23, 09:52 PM)stijl Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-06-23, 07:52 PM)Gaara Wrote: [ -> ]You could just create a fork of MyBB and label it with your own copyright and release it under MyBB's license ...

Thanks for the idea.

Cannot have any viewable copyright of any kind on any public pages, mine or otherwise. As I read it I will not be able to get support without copyright showing on public pages, and I want to stay in the loop of support and updates.

Updates are publicly available via the SVN anyways.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7