MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Facebook Bulletin Board :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
not at all Smile
You have a huge screen. It's loading very slowly...
(2010-06-26, 06:44 PM)Winford F. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-06-26, 06:41 PM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]I'd rather just use IPB if I wanted all that extra jazz.

But most people aren't going to spend that much money on a forum.
You mean kids that don't have money and start forums that die after a month. Professional businesses and real forums make and have the money to afford IPB or vB.
(2010-06-26, 07:07 PM)Bob Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-06-26, 06:41 PM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]I'd rather just use IPB if I wanted all that extra jazz.

You mean kids that don't have money and start forums that die after a month. Professional businesses and real forums make and have the money to afford IPB or vB.

Are you saying you are not a kid? (Legally that is Toungue). But yeah, people spend much more than $140 on a forum. I've seen people investing thousands of dollars just in themes for a new project.
(2010-06-26, 07:07 PM)Bob Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]You mean kids that don't have money and start forums that die after a month. Professional businesses and real forums make and have the money to afford IPB or vB.

So MyBB forums aren't real forums? Undecided
(2010-06-26, 07:28 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-06-26, 07:07 PM)Bob Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]You mean kids that don't have money and start forums that die after a month. Professional businesses and real forums make and have the money to afford IPB or vB.

So MyBB forums aren't real forums? Undecided

No, he's saying people who don't put money into their forums aren't real.

Like ask Labrocca how much he's spent on HF, i bet it will be about even by now, if not a profit.

That's the biggest load of crap I've heard in a long time. If you are providing support for a forum software that "kids that don't have money uses and then their forums die within a month" I would consider getting a life. Mybb is as good in many ways as the paid alternatives. I appreciate that maybe some people prefer different scripts and I am in no way slagging any others off, but that is a pretty stupid comment coming from a member of staff on this forum. You are basically telling us that to have a real forum we need to use better software. Clever. Very clever.
(2010-06-26, 07:39 PM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]No, he's saying people who don't put money into their forums aren't real.

Oh, well that's much better. :s

How much money do you have to invest in a forum to be classed as a real person then?
mybboard is free.
free themes, plug-ins are free.
vBulletin style styles may be made. I showed you pictures
lack of security will be deleted permanently. does not charge a fee

If you can save $160 a year why not put it toward other things?
Pages: 1 2 3 4