MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Abandoned Hospitals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Random subject, but I love looking at slideshows and pictures of abandoned places and hospitals are my favorite. I know it's a weird hobby but looking at those slideshows make you wonder how creepy humanity is.

Anyways check this one out. It's the Edgewater Medical Center in Chicago that got closed in 2001 due to a medicare fraud. Because the USA healthcare system is so bad the doctors had to preform surgeries on people that didn't need them to get funds from the government in order to stay open, two people died.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/comtessedes...187977012/

Here's a video of the same hospital: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfL3wOP80pI

If you want to see more creepiness check this website out: http://www.forbidden-places.net/explo1.p...t=hospital
Oh that doesn't look creepy, I've been in much more creepier hospitals lol (and at night w/o many lights, or maybe that's why they seemed creepier?)
Quote:but looking at those slideshows make you wonder how creepy humanity is.

I think I'm wondering how creepy you are. I just think it's you. I'm not creeped out at all by old abondoned buildings. I used to play in a cemetary as a kid so maybe that's why I'm immune to creepy places.
(2010-06-27, 03:13 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]

I think I'm wondering how creepy you are. I just think it's you. I'm not creeped out at all by old abondoned buildings. I used to play in a cemetary as a kid so maybe that's why I'm immune to creepy places.

Yea, its one of those how you were raised thing. Like i'm pretty much immnune to normal creepy stuff. Like it has to be pretty high up on the riply scale to be weird to me. A couple of those shots were pretty nice though.

I guess, in the Netherlands you don't really have any abandoned hospitals and places as the government would usually just blow up the building and sell the land to an investor.

And I am not sure but I wouldn't want to walk alone in that Chicago hospital, also I am shocked the patient files are just their for grabs.
I wouldn't walk alone in a part of Chicago with an abandoned hospital it's probably a bad part of town Toungue. (I live like an hour from Chicago)

I think the how creepy a place is depends more on the individual than the place. A seemingly harmless place can be horrifying to someone whose imagination goes to dark enough places. My imagination goes to very dark places, which is probably why I love looking at old abandoned hospitals. They inspire me in a way to turn images in my head in to little stories I entertain myself with.
The place is vandalized. =O
How observant.
You would thin the government would lock it up, and cut te electricity :s.
Pages: 1 2