MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unable to logout, login. login/out brings white screen. *solved*
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Oof! That's like telling me the best way to fix my car is to buy a new one. Sad That may be the best advice, but it is not what I wanted to hear.
I have two more sites to move to this server, but they way things are going, I might just move this one back and live with occasional slow page loads.

Whatever the problem is, it is also happening the other two sites that I have copies of on the new server. They are at http://reserector.com/reser15 and http://reserector.com/skater
The other two don't go to white screen, but they don't login, either.
(2010-06-30, 06:00 PM)Reserector Wrote: [ -> ]Oof! That's like telling me the best way to fix my car is to buy a new one. Sad That may be the best advice, but it is not what I wanted to hear.
I have two more sites to move to this server, but they way things are going, I might just move this one back and live with occasional slow page loads.

Whatever the problem is, it is also happening the other two sites that I have copies of on the new server. They are at http://reserector.com/reser15 and http://reserector.com/skater
I have never had any problems switching servers, you must have done something bad with the first move. Can't your host move you for free?
They want to charge me. After adding up all the help they have had to give me so far, they would have been ahead to move me for free. Wink
I'm so frustrated right now. All I wanted was the performance I paid for.

I may just move this site back where it was, then take one of the MyBB members up on his offer to move me to his hosting as part of the package.

I'm confused, tired, broke and frustrated. Too many things going on besides websites. If I could just find the bug causing this login problem, I could move forward.

Sorry for rambling...

On my work PC, I am logged out and cannot login. On my phone, it is the other way around.
(2010-06-30, 06:13 PM)Reserector Wrote: [ -> ]They want to charge me. After adding up all the help they have had to give me so far, they would have been ahead to move me for free. Wink
I'm so frustrated right now. All I wanted was the performance I paid for.

I may just move this site back where it was, then take one of the MyBB members up on his offer to move me to his hosting as part of the package.

I'm confused, tired, broke and frustrated. Too many things going on besides websites. If I could just find the bug causing this login problem, I could move forward.

Sorry for rambling...
I am disappointed in that, hosts that can't even move a site. It takes less than 10 minutes for them. They can import all cPanel settings and files over a 100Mbps connectivity. I might sound biased as I work there but I would recommend The Forum Forge. We move sites for free and offer pretty good packages.

Anyways I would suggest trying to move another site over and see if you get the same difficulties. It's not that hard, move all files and than import the database and edit the settings.php if needed.
I planned to check out ff when my run with Lunarpages is over. I may do it sooner. In a personal financial crunch at the moment though. Sad

As far as moving another site, I have already copied and set up my other two sites on the c-panel, but they are still running on what they call LPCP with a remote SQL d-base as opposed to a localhost like the c-panel.
I would do a more recent backup and update the d-base tables, then swap nameservers, but if my members can't login, that is a huge deal for me. I can't risk that.
reserector.com is little more than a guinea pig. I don't mind monkeying with that one.
(2010-06-30, 06:34 PM)Reserector Wrote: [ -> ]I planned to check out ff when my run with Lunarpages is over. I may do it sooner. In a personal financial crunch at the moment though. Sad

As far as moving another site, I have already copied and set up my other two sites on the c-panel, but they are still running on what they call LPCP with a remote SQL d-base as opposed to a localhost like the c-panel.
I would do a more recent backup and update the d-base tables, then swap nameservers, but if my members can't login, that is a huge deal for me. I can't risk that.
reserector.com is little more than a guinea pig. I don't mind monkeying with that one.
There is not anything risk as long as you make a file and database backup on your computers hard drive.
Are you saying to copy it over, but not change the nameservers? I already did that.
If you mean copy it over and change nameservers, there is a great risk of an active site being down. Not good.
If you meant to load a fresh copy of the folders (for reserector.com) and do a fresh import of the backed-up database, that is not a problem. I already have them on my PC at home.
One of the techs already 'synchronized' the files with the files from the old server, but even that did not fix the problem.
PM me logins I'll take a peek. FTP, cpanel and admincp if you can.
So far, replaced inc/functions.php and inc/languages/english/global_lang.php
corrected the cookie path (It was correct earlier, but I messed with it and had not reset it properly.

It works!
I was able to reactivate all my plugins except for the chatbox. That still throws up errors.
Everything else seems to be working.
Chatbox gives an error about .admin/index.php
I replaced that file, but still getting the error.
Reactivating the chatbox threw up the error about functions.php again. When I tried to login it went to white screen.
I deactivated chatbox, and all went back to normal, sans chatbox.

I suppose I could replace the chatbox files. That is not a big deal at the moment, though. The main thing is that the site is usable once again.

Guys, thanks for turning my day around. Smile
I don't get a public thanks? Smile
Pages: 1 2 3