MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unable to logout, login. login/out brings white screen. *solved*
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Labrocca is the man!!

Thank you so much for solving in five minutes what I have been agonizing over for two days. You are a blessing! [Image: worshippy.gif] [Image: worshippy.gif] [Image: worshippy.gif] [Image: worshippy.gif] [Image: worshippy.gif] [Image: worshippy.gif] [Image: worshippy.gif]
Hah, what was the problem?
There were a couple of corrupted files. They were visible in warnings at the header if you force it to go to a page by typing the page in the address bar. Example: http://reserector.com/index.php

I replaced those files and it began working.
However, if I activate the chatbox, it goes back to the white screen thing again. I tried replacing the files that were mentioned in the warnings, but it did not fix the problem. Deactivating the chatbox made the warnings and white screen go away.

The only fix so far is to use a different chat, or reinstall the chat that I have been using. I already had the spicefuse one loaded, and it is working.
(2010-07-01, 01:05 PM)Reserector Wrote: [ -> ]There were a couple of corrupted files. They were visible in warnings at the header if you force it to go to a page by typing the page in the address bar. Example: http://reserector.com/index.php

I replaced those files and it began working.
However, if I activate the chatbox, it goes back to the white screen thing again. I tried replacing the files that were mentioned in the warnings, but it did not fix the problem. Deactivating the chatbox made the warnings and white screen go away.

The only fix so far is to use a different chat, or reinstall the chat that I have been using. I already had the spicefuse one loaded, and it is working.
That was it. I thought the problem was a lot bigger. Well I am glad you got it fixed. Silly plugins.
Update:
To get the Extra File Chatbox working again, I had to go in and set permissions on some of the files as directed in the install instructions. I also had to replace a couple of corrupt files. I found the files listed in the warnings above the ACP header.

I currently have both chatboxes running one atop the other.
I can log out and log back in.
No warnings.
Life is good. Smile There that is, then.
Pages: 1 2 3