MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.6 Beta 2 upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've done a test upgrade on my forum with a few hundred users and a couple of thousand posts. There was no problem.

it looks pretty solid for a beta. Keep up the good work guys Smile

I noticed that bugs are now going to the final version. Does it mean that the next release will be the Gold?
(2010-06-30, 06:08 PM)dtommy79 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I've done a test upgrade on my forum with a few hundred users and a couple of thousand posts. There was no problem.

Awesome. Thanks for testing!

(2010-06-30, 06:08 PM)dtommy79 Wrote: [ -> ]I noticed that bugs are now going to the final version. Does it mean that the next release will be the Gold?

Correct
(2010-06-30, 07:27 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]

(2010-06-30, 06:08 PM)dtommy79 Wrote: [ -> ]I noticed that bugs are now going to the final version. Does it mean that the next release will be the Gold?

Correct
so, when do you intend to release the gold?!
im asking this because i wanna install a forum and i dont know what version to install.
Gold will be released when it's ready.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-69672.html
I'm sure we'll see it this summer Smile
(2010-07-02, 06:21 PM)buzucan Wrote: [ -> ]so, when do you intend to release the gold?!
im asking this because i wanna install a forum and i dont know what version to install.

There is no set release date. You can install 1.4, then upgrade to 1.6 when it is released, or wait for 1.6.
Well, soon I'll switch my a million posts forum to Beta 2 (RC) Wink
(2010-07-02, 06:21 PM)buzucan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-06-30, 07:27 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]

Correct
so, when do you intend to release the gold?!
You should install 1.4.13. 1.5 is only for beta testing.
(2010-07-03, 04:58 PM)FBI Wrote: [ -> ]Well, soon I'll switch my a million posts forum to Beta 2 (RC) Wink

I wouldn't upgrade a live forum to a Beta - plus, there might not be an upgrade path for 1.5.2 > 1.6.
(2010-07-02, 06:21 PM)buzucan Wrote: [ -> ]im asking this because i wanna install a forum and i dont know what version to install.

Read: http://community.mybb.com/thread-69672.html

Quote:I'm just installing a new forum, should I use this?
In short, no. If you plan on starting a new forum you should use MyBB 1.4, available here. You will be able to easily upgrade to 1.6 when it is fully released so you won't be missing out. We don't want you to start a forum on beta software and then find out you can't upgrade it.

The sticky thread is there for a reason.

It should be obvious not to install a beta if you're just starting a new forum...