MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Things that bother you?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
(2010-07-15, 05:00 PM)Firestryke31 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I wouldn't consider most 12yo kids responsible enough to carry around a $300-$500 device in public. There are some, but in general they have no concept of being careful.

...Yea, thanks a lot, I guess I could throw mine away now, because I'm 13...honestly you have GOT to rethink that, that is what bothers me, when people tell me what I'm responsible enough to have and work. That's why I have a VPS, because I'm sick of that and that is just a plain insult.
(2010-07-15, 05:00 PM)Firestryke31 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I wouldn't consider most 12yo kids responsible enough to carry around a $300-$500 device in public. There are some, but in general they have no concept of being careful.

1. In what world does an iPhone cost $300-500? The most expensive one is $299.
2. Mobile phones are not a luxury any longer. It's becoming more and more common for kids to have them in order to keep in touch with their friends and families.
3. We buy kids Nintendo DS's, PSP's, why not an iPhone?

This really just sounds like refusal to adapt to changing generations.
(2010-07-15, 06:03 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]

1. In what world does an iPhone cost $300-500? The most expensive one is $299.
2. Mobile phones are not a luxury any longer. It's becoming more and more common for kids to have them in order to keep in touch with their friends and families.
3. We buy kids Nintendo DS's, PSP's, why not an iPhone?

This really just sounds like refusal to adapt to changing generations.

Thank you so much, this is just not the thirty's anymore....and if I want something, I save up and buy it, iPod's, iPhone's, even rented servers are just normal now. Jesse, can't wait for ten years.
(2010-07-15, 06:16 PM)kyleowen Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you so much, this is just not the thirty's anymore....and if I want something, I save up and buy it, iPod's, iPhone's, even rented servers are just normal now. Jesse, can't wait for ten years.

You won't be saying that soon. lol

Enjoy your youth, despite all its troubles, it's worth enjoying.
(2010-07-15, 05:42 PM)kyleowen Wrote: [ -> ]...Yea, thanks a lot, I guess I could throw mine away now, because I'm 13...honestly you have GOT to rethink that, that is what bothers me, when people tell me what I'm responsible enough to have and work. That's why I have a VPS, because I'm sick of that and that is just a plain insult.

I did say there were some that are responsible. I specifically put that into my post to show that I don't believe it true for all 12yo kids.

Uncontrol Wrote:In what world does an iPhone cost $300-500? The most expensive one is $299.
Bleh, just pulled a big number out of thin air. Really, anything above $150ish I would have difficulty trusting a kid with in public. At home, play away. Cheap phone that makes calls in public, phone away. My mother's a 3rd grade teacher, so I know how the average child around that age acts.

Of course, most of my opinions are based on experiences back when the iPhone was new and jealousy would cause people to do stupid things to people that showed that stuff off and might be a bit outdated. And the fact that I don't live in the best town in the world might also have something to do with it.

BTW I'm 21, so I'm not exactly old enough to be affected heavily by the 'generation gap.'
'kiddie hosts'
People who frequently fail to use the English language correctly
Those who enforce their views on others
Right wing views
Downtime
Haters of perfectionists
Homophobes/racists
Inappropriate use of the word 'like'
President Obama, David Cameron, George Osborne & Nick Clegg
Bad TV programming
Tabloids
Temps
Work experience kids/interns
Photocopiers which jam all too often
Incapable IT teams
Bad breath
The Conservative Party, BNP & UKIP
ITV at its worst
The Jeremy Kyle Show
Anti-Royalists
British Telecom
Sainsbury's, Asda, Iceland, Lidl, Aldi (or any other budget supermarket with incompetent staff, with the exception of Tesco)
Telemarketers
Cheap wine

...enough? Smile
Quote:Inappropriate use of the word 'like'

Especially when... like... people use like to.... like.... substitute.... like... "ummm".... in sentences because.... like.... they don't think... like .... before they speak.... and they...like... use "like" at the end of a sentence... like..... you know what i mean... like?

Quote:Work experience kids/interns
Agreed.

Quote:Incapable IT teams
Incapable IT teams people.

Quote:Sainsbury's, Asda, Iceland, Lidl, Aldi (or any other budget supermarket with incompetent staff, with the exception of Tesco)
Why tesco?
(2010-07-15, 08:45 PM)Tommyk Wrote: [ -> ]Why tesco?

...because from experience most of their staff are relatively friendly, their produce quality is reasonable, and if you order online, the bulk of the staff who deliver are also pretty decent. Naturally, Waitrose or Marks & Sparks has to form the creme de la creme of supermarkets, but I'm fine with Tesco, the Co-Op or Morrisons...
Couple reasons;

1 - they don't need something that costs $60+/month just to text their friends,
2 - most couldn't afford to buy and pay for it themselves without parental help (perhaps 12+ but any younger, you can't even legally have a job here until you're 15, and at >11 most aren't proficient enough on the web)

Also kind sir who is of 13 years of age and has an iPhone, care to share what uses you have for it that justify owning it over a "standard" cellphone (ie. not a smartphone)?
(2010-07-15, 09:05 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]Couple reasons;

1 - they don't need something that costs $60+/month just to text their friends,
2 - most couldn't afford to buy and pay for it themselves without parental help (perhaps 12+ but any younger, you can't even legally have a job here until you're 15, and at >11 most aren't proficient enough on the web)

Also kind sir who is of 13 years of age and has an iPhone, care to share what uses you have for it that justify owning it over a "standard" cellphone (ie. not a smartphone)?

1.You can get iPhones over in the UK for about £25/month (about $40 i tihnk)
2. That depends entirely on where you live. In the UK it is 13 i think. And that by no means means people under 13 cant earn money. They can still sell things online (via paypal) they can get paper rounds. They can help in family businesses. They can get funding from governemnts if their family is poor Smile Lots of ways.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12