MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Subete Forums - A Place to Talk About Anything and Everything!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've made a forum (that is still in the works, so please no criticism on content yet) where people can join to talk about anything and everything under the sun. The more members we get, the better the discussion and the better the fun! So we need some more members, and will welcome everyone!

http://subete.webhop.net

Our forums won't have unique customizations (because I can't create themes for my life or pay someone to make one), but will be making the most use of all the mods available for myBB and therefore offer a great user experience! So there's plenty to explore!
It's just the same as every other general forum, except your domain is worse. I'm not tempted to join at all.
Well then what do you suggest I do? I just made the forums so its bound to maybe be "the same," but I'm in a good position so please, tell me.

*getting a full .com domain isn't possible right now because I don't have enough money.
Nice site
Well, since this forum is still pretty new, and I don't have any experience with designing themes for forums (although I can do pretty much else), if you would like to help me out, please join and make this thing a heck of a lot better! I'll accept help from anyone and for any role (but especially for designing/making the forum more appealing for users to join). Thanks!
(2010-07-06, 02:20 PM)dmaxel Wrote: [ -> ]*getting a full .com domain isn't possible right now because I don't have enough money.

You don't have $9? Maybe you should get a job Undecided

There are enough general discussion forums, we don't need more.
Quote:*getting a full .com domain isn't possible right now because I don't have enough money.

Do paid posting, that's how I earn my money online. Big Grin
Hey, don't be discouraged by all the debby downers here. They do have a point that there are tons of general chat forums, but that doesn't mean yours can't be successful. I mean, CAwesome there are tons of server forums out there and the same to you iBf with GFX forums, but that didn't discourage you from making your sites now did it?

What you DO need to do is people able to offer something that similar general chat forums offer or offer it BETTER. You can't offer the same things on a sub-domain and expect to get good results.

Listen, I'm feeling generous right now. If you can offer something more UNIQUE on your forums and work a tad bit harder, I'll register you a .info domain free of charge and give you hosting on my dedicated server for free as well. Just be sure to take my advice. Smile
(2010-07-26, 06:40 AM)Spyda Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, don't be discouraged by all the debby downers here. They do have a point that there are tons of general chat forums, but that doesn't mean yours can't be successful. I mean, CAwesome there are tons of server forums out there and the same to you iBf with GFX forums, but that didn't discourage you from making your sites now did it?

What you DO need to do is people able to offer something that similar general chat forums offer or offer it BETTER. You can't offer the same things on a sub-domain and expect to get good results.

Listen, I'm feeling generous right now. If you can offer something more UNIQUE on your forums and work a tad bit harder, I'll register you a .info domain free of charge and give you hosting on my dedicated server for free as well. Just be sure to take my advice. Smile

Totally agree, couldn't say any much better. Thats nice of you offering something to him to get him a head start Big Grin
(2010-07-26, 06:27 AM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-07-06, 02:20 PM)dmaxel Wrote: [ -> ]*getting a full .com domain isn't possible right now because I don't have enough money.

You don't have $9? Maybe you should get a job Undecided

There are enough general discussion forums, we don't need more.
I'm a teen who can't work yet (almost!), plus summer is almost over anyways. I probably won't get any money before school starts.

As for your second comment, it's a somewhat hollow comment as you could pretty much say that for any forum. Certain games....probably enough. Linux forums.....probably enough. Etc...
(2010-07-26, 06:37 AM)Winford F. Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:*getting a full .com domain isn't possible right now because I don't have enough money.

Do paid posting, that's how I earn my money online. Big Grin
*stares at my hand* 100 posts for $3? My poor hands/fingers....hahaha
(2010-07-26, 06:40 AM)Spyda Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, don't be discouraged by all the debby downers here. They do have a point that there are tons of general chat forums, but that doesn't mean yours can't be successful. I mean, CAwesome there are tons of server forums out there and the same to you iBf with GFX forums, but that didn't discourage you from making your sites now did it?

I thank you for the offer, but I'd be able to pay the $55/yr for services that I would need for my server if I got a full domain....if it's worth it. Meaning that I'd do it if there's at least some activity going on in the forums. I might seem a little stubborn right now, but I don't want to spend money that I don't have too much of on something that may possible fail if I don't have anything "unique". Plus even if I had an idea, it'd be hard for me to make it real. If I have to say so, I'm probably more a Server Admin type rather than a Coder.
Pages: 1 2