MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Add a sliding jQuery sidebar to MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
All you have to do is change that.
Find this.
<form method="post" 
action="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/search.php">

<input type="hidden" name="action" value="do_search" />

<input type="hidden" name="postthread" value="1" />

<input type="hidden" name="forums" value="all" />

<input type="hidden" name="showresults" value="threads" />

<input type="text" class="textbox" name="keywords" value="" />

<!-- start: gobutton -->

<input type="submit" class="button" value="Go" />

<!-- end: gobutton -->

</form>
And just replace it with whatever you want.
You will also have to find this
<strong>Search</strong>
And replace the text with whatever you want as well.
OK thanx I guess I will try...
Yeah, the search box was just an example box ;D I'd certainly advise using Joshee's code instead of mine though - it's just here: http://community.mybb.com/thread-73062.html
It is possible to obtain an identical effect in the prototype?
What do we need to edit to have the effect hidden by default ?
How can I modify this code to use in a RTL (Right-to-left) forum? the button should be appeared in left
--
update: solved. there was a "right" word that should be changed to "left"
Some questions to this beautifull modification:

1. I what the "button" to be a bit up, not to the right of all the forums, just a bit up, above the forums table, not to take space from forums, only the menu will come wen button pushed. So i need the button a bit up, as in image:
[Image: 1440jz7.jpg]

2. I need the box, wider. I wrote "TEST TEST TEST" in a single row, and it shows it in 3 rows. So i need a wider box, or to be able to set the box width as much as i want, as in image:
[Image: 2istffq.jpg]

Thank you.

Later edit: ok, i found out how to set it using css, but... how can i set this menu to be closed at all times? When you come on forums, to be closed, only to open it if a user wishes to.
I dunno why but your scripts seem to conflict with some already existing ones I have. As of now I have removed jscript and just made it a two coloumn layout.
But anyways his script does work and its a nice way of doing. Also if you have a lot of jscripts on your header include dont add more.

(2013-07-23, 08:49 PM)uzurpatoru Wrote: [ -> ]Some questions to this beautifull modification:

1. I what the "button" to be a bit up, not to the right of all the forums, just a bit up, above the forums table, not to take space from forums, only the menu will come wen button pushed. So i need the button a bit up, as in image:
[Image: 1440jz7.jpg]

2. I need the box, wider. I wrote "TEST TEST TEST" in a single row, and it shows it in 3 rows. So i need a wider box, or to be able to set the box width as much as i want, as in image:
[Image: 2istffq.jpg]

Thank you.

Later edit: ok, i found out how to set it using css, but... how can i set this menu to be closed at all times? When you come on forums, to be closed, only to open it if a user wishes to.

To set it closed by default open up an editor or in your hosts file manager itself edit his sidebar.js
add images again
Can you or someone post updated pictures of what this does? I'm curious about it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4