MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Technoman can NOT log in?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
This is mainly why you should troubleshoot it while you have one case available to analyse it...

May i suggest to write troubleshooting points in the core code enabled only by the userID of Technoman, this way you could trace the problem in the login process...

Wink
Something similar happened to me. Optimize the database in the Tools tab.
Notification about new PM from MyBB Engine

1: MyBB Community

2: Hack Forums - Powered By MyBB

3: YugiohCardMaker.net - Powered By MyBB
That initial bug isn't necessarily related, that was about the MyBB engine linking to an empty profile, which isn't what this is about. In those other two threads, users were logged in, however with this it shows you as a guest... when you login, and click around a bit, does it stay the same, i.e. does it stay as a guest and still show that message??
(2010-07-10, 03:59 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]In those other two threads, users were logged in, however with this it shows you as a guest... when you login, and click around a bit, does it stay the same, i.e. does it stay as a guest and still show that message??

Nope! But "Matt" I do think that there are similarities in my display message and in those 3 messages I posted?

<I am allowing people to test this bug out> + <I got nothing to hide>

technoman,

Your password at MyBB Community Forums has been reset.

Your new password is: q35F9X7l

You will need this password to login to the forums, once you login you should change it by going to your User Control Panel.

Thank you,
MyBB Community Forums Staff
Wow. That is weird.

Try to reply to a thread. It will always say that the captcha doesnt match.
(2010-07-10, 04:26 PM)zDawg32 Wrote: [ -> ]Wow. That is weird.

Try to reply to a thread. It will always say that the captcha doesnt match.

yup, your right and <im not even logged in> Wink

[Image: bugyj.jpg]
Maybe you have a virus or something? Try running a virus scanner?

There's definitely nothing wrong on our end.

Once you do a virus scan, I'll reset your session and password manually in the db and see if you can login then.
(2010-07-10, 07:56 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe you have a virus or something? Try running a virus scanner?

Once you do a virus scan, I'll reset your session and password manually in the db and see if you can login then.

Thank You! But I am using Avast... I am happy to say that my Anti Virus has done a FULL SYSTEM Scan and NO Virus's detected Confused
(2010-07-10, 07:56 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe you have a virus or something? Try running a virus scanner?

I can reproduce it using his account and his password he gave earlier in this thread. I see the same page he does, using Linux, with definitely no viruses or anything other local involved. So it's a problem with this site, however it came to be... would probably be worth to take a closer look at before blindly resetting his session.
Pages: 1 2 3 4