MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Message for MyBB theme developers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Learn from this guy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUT9Qlpv6pY

I've been reading eBooks on Photoshop and JavaScript (my weaknesses), might try and create a few "unique" skins.
Too much flash.
Huh, I created a theme in the same general layout aas the one seen in the first few seconds of that video about 2 years ago, but didn't think it was usable enough to put on a production forum.
I don't like too many javascripts. Wink
gimi 10 years to learn that >.> lol Toungue

Dam that's the stuff i like em
The problem is, you'd have to be an extremely generous person to develop that for free. I, along with most webmasters on the Internet (outside of MyBB) would easily pay $30 for just one of those themes. Releasing it for $5 here would cause an outrage.

Damn, I can already see where this is headed.
I like those themes. IPB needs to fix the sidebar collapser though. When you expand it, it looks horrible..
(2010-07-11, 02:29 PM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is, you'd have to be an extremely generous person to develop that for free. I, along with most webmasters on the Internet (outside of MyBB) would easily pay $30 for just one of those themes. Releasing it for $5 here would cause an outrage.

Damn, I can already see where this is headed.

This.
If the theme is great, and I like it, I don't have a problem paying for it.

Some people don't really appreciate the theme developers over here, if anyone releases a nice looking premium theme with a price tag of $5, all hell breaks loose with a few people.

"OMG $5!!! Nooo, my life is gonna end",etc.
I mean, if I can find 10 people here that will pay $20 for a theme I will put blood sweat and tears into making something that MyBB hasn't seen.

The reason we lack in quality themes is that there is no motivation.
Pages: 1 2 3