MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Back to linux soon?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I've been thinking about it for awhile now and I could probably go to linux and be happy Big Grin.

I'm not sure which distro to go with yet though because I know I don't want a ubuntu based on. I'm feeling my love for opensuse is still there after loading the live cd of 11.2.

So maybe with 11.3 right around the corner I'll be switching soon!

Edit: I guess the reason I made this thread was for distro suggestions Toungue.
Ubuntu <3

I would dual boot, though - I keep my vista partition for things that don't work on linux.
No it's all or nothing Toungue. I don't dual boot because then I just end up using windows the whole time after like a week.
(2010-07-12, 08:34 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]No it's all or nothing Toungue. I don't dual boot because then I just end up using windows the whole time after like a week.

Same here, I wonder why. Angel
Your giving of LoL?! Wow. I suggest Gentoo. Harder to install. But so much better then Ubuntu. Plus the fanboys actually aren't all as insane as Ubuntu.
Try Crunchbang or Arch.
I did try sabayon (based off of Gentoo) but it was the first one not to support my wireless out of the box and I don't feeling like dealing with that honestly Toungue.
(2010-07-12, 08:34 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]No it's all or nothing Toungue. I don't dual boot because then I just end up using windows the whole time after like a week.

Same here... I have dual-boot W7 with Ubuntu Lucid... Its a pain. So many compatibility issues XD
(2010-07-12, 09:54 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]I did try sabayon (based off of Gentoo) but it was the first one not to support my wireless out of the box and I don't feeling like dealing with that honestly Toungue.

Laptop model please Toungue
Asus G51J-A1, I know they exist since other distros support it but don't feel like the hassle Toungue.
Pages: 1 2 3