MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Drupal?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I was telling the advantage of having a CMS, which is basically for those who don't have time to learn, time at all, or those who don't have the resources or knowledge to code and possibly disinterest. You have premade layouts, code, and plugins at your will.
oh yes yes Wink
guys it is too hard to work with phpbb3 please any one help us and made a bridge or a module to integrate mybb.
Thanks
Thanks, MGadAllah for your post & linked articles. They were quite helpful & convincing; so I'm definitely going for Drupal.

Now the problem is, there's currently no Drupal-to-MyBB bridge, so I may have to give up MyBB & just use the Drupal-integrated forums, since having a great homepage, chat & downloads section, etc., to me, prioritises Drupal. :\
Epifrin Wrote:Thanks, MGadAllah for your post & linked articles. They were quite helpful & convincing; so I'm definitely going for Drupal.

Now the problem is, there's currently no Drupal-to-MyBB bridge, so I may have to give up MyBB & just use the Drupal-integrated forums, since having a great homepage, chat & downloads section, etc., to me, prioritises Drupal. :\
I think it could be a better idea if you used phpbb or smf till any one do the module or any bridge to integrate drupal and mybb, this why you will be able to convert phpbb or smf easily to mybb.
And there are more then one module to integrate drupal with phpbb and SMF. Plus there are many other forums could be integrated with drupal, but I can not remember all of them right now.
Good Luck.
Well, I can not stand or deal with phpbb security wholes, I've got 10 new spam registration per day, omg I can not deal with that even after using anti-spam MODs, and really can not get use with SMF, honestly would love to use Drupal, but it seems that no one here in myBB support forum or at Drual support forum being interested to make any module/plug/bridge to connect both of them. So I am start to consider Joomla, but also nothing available so far for latest MyBB and latest Joomla. I am really newbie to coding world ... Any one here can help me to integrate Drupal or Joomla with MyBB?

Here is the situation ... I am having a website for this reasons:
  • I'm studying now for some professional designations in the field of accounting, finance, management, ...etc. I've been goggling for a suitable place where I can find a help or help other candidates in their designations but id not found any around, so I've decided to have my own place and aim to do the job fine.
  • Here is how I will organize the home page:
    1. posting news regarding different designations.
    2. Using some news rss feeds.
    3. have latest topics posted on the forum to be placed on the homepage.
    4. and some few extra things...etc
  • I will need a board where candidates will need to communicate, help each others, telling reviews for the exam,...etc.
  • later on I may think to add a new sections but just to start and grow up bit by bit.
  • I did not used Joomla, Drupal, TYPO3 or any CMS so far but just read reviews and installed Drupal only but did not take a diving yet so far, so switching won't be a big deal because I am not familiar with any of them yet but all did was searching before starting to get use of it, so the bottom line will be if it secure, stable or not. and only phpBB and SMF have bridge to Drupal
  • so as a conclusion I am in a situation of a man who seek advise from more experienced guys who know things more better.
So please advise .... Thanks Smile
Any one interested to integrate Drupal with MyBB, any one can make any kind of bridge to do the job, or even advise how to do so? Please help because I am really want to use Drupal and MyBB because both are really a good combo for the long run stable website.
Thanks
Because it seems that no one interested or have enough time to do such an integration I've decided to do it in my own. But I have a little problem that I am totally newbie and do not have enough information about php, html, css. So may any one just guide me about what thing I should start with regarding this issue, and what could be the approach for such a thing. And regarding the integration, what could be the things I should look after, and finally if I want to know how MyBB exactly working, where can I know that kind of information. I am sorry if my question seems stupid or silly but I am keep searching and nothing founded so far.
Thanks and much appreciated.
I would start by buying a good book on PHP and learning the basics. This way you will understand whats going on when you looking at the MyBB source. You will find that the MyBB source is very well notated (the little notes that tells you what each bit does) and you should probably look at other bridges and see how they work. Good Luck Smile
I've found some not-finished work for integration for MyBB and Drupal. It is HERE for another member that no longer interested to use or update it and I contacted him and he said that it is ok if any one can continue the project. but not to remove the copy right.
Please any one interested to continue such a thing because I am really do not want to use phpBB with Drupal and want to use MyBB instead.
Honestly I've tried to work with it but really was not able to figure it out
Thanks
This summer when I have time I'm going to take the leap to learning PHP. Also since I've decided to use Drupal now(Still trying to figure out taxonomy but thats just a bump in the road and doesn't even seem required for my project).

Plus by then 1.4 will be out so I won't have to worry about upgrading it right away (Doubt there are to many changes to the user system anyway though).

Now this does not mean if your willing to make a bridge you shouldn't. Because you should as well I don't even know how much php I will actually learn Toungue.
Pages: 1 2 3 4