MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [SOLVED] Inline moderation problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2010-07-27, 10:56 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Thing I don't understand is this; the cookie is being stored perfectly fine in the browser, and it is clearly being read in some way because when you select some threads and refresh the page, they stay selected, and unless I'm misunderstanding how it works it must be using the cookie to be able to know what to pre-select. However if I echo the cookies out, they're not there, and the cookie is apparently empty when it's processing the moderation action... doesn't make any sense to me Huh

Just something I could check, can you think of anything specific that I may need to have 'enabled' by my Web Host that may work inline moderation? I think I have everything enabled and full access anyway though Sad
Just FYI, I haven't forgotten about this, just had some late evenings and got another one tonight. Still fresh in my mind Smile

(2010-07-28, 05:24 PM)Rob1991 Wrote: [ -> ]Just something I could check, can you think of anything specific that I may need to have 'enabled' by my Web Host that may work inline moderation? I think I have everything enabled and full access anyway though Sad

Na it's purely cookies so it's all in the browser. They're being set, and they're being read in some cases but not others, I'll need to try and track down why the code isn't picking them up.
(2010-07-30, 05:03 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Just FYI, I haven't forgotten about this, just had some late evenings and got another one tonight. Still fresh in my mind Smile

(2010-07-28, 05:24 PM)Rob1991 Wrote: [ -> ]Just something I could check, can you think of anything specific that I may need to have 'enabled' by my Web Host that may work inline moderation? I think I have everything enabled and full access anyway though Sad

Na it's purely cookies so it's all in the browser. They're being set, and they're being read in some cases but not others, I'll need to try and track down why the code isn't picking them up.

Ok no problem, thanks for updating the thread saying so. I really appreciate the time you have put in too this problem so far.
I didnt want to risk updating my forums and running in to load of problems, so I made a duplicate of my forums and run it off a new database so I can test the upgrade.

Even running 1.6 I still get this problem Sad
Genuine apologies that I still haven't got back to this, thank you greatly for your continued patience. I really haven't forgotten about it but it's been a bit hectic the last few days. I will have a look as soon as I can.
OK, I'm going to see if a dev can have a look at this, I'm out of ideas.

It seems the cookie is being set fine as it appears in the cookie manager in Chrome and the javascript can read it, I hadn't viewed the site for a few days and it still pre-selected what I had last time. If I print out $mybb->cookies or even $_COOKIE though, the inline mod stuff isn't there; can't track down where it's going wrong.
Ok thanks for the updates. Hope it can be solved.

I am not going to be updating to 1.6 for a good few months until the plugins I use are updated to be compatible. I have a test board uploaded and there are loads of problems. Plus this in-line moderation problem is still present.
Something I have just noticed with my 1.6 test board, is that when you view a board, it says

All 20 threads on this page are selected. Select all 26 threads in this forum.
All 26 threads in this forum are selected. Clear Selection.

Yet no boxes are ticked. Not sure if this could help with the problems on 1.4?

If you want to see the test board go to http://cgamer.co.uk/forumstest Its just a copy of the files and I made a duplicate database..
This happens if you didn't update your theme and/or you still have the old Javascript cached or referenced.
(2010-08-10, 07:04 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]This happens if you didn't update your theme and/or you still have the old Javascript cached or referenced.

Are you talking about if you upgrade from 1.4 to 1.6? Because I haven't done this yet on my live forums. I am still using 1.4
Is that the inline moderation saying no threads are selected when you submit or the thing about all threads being selected?? The main issue is inline moderation saying nothing's selected when it is.
Pages: 1 2 3 4