MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [SOLVED] Inline moderation problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2010-08-10, 07:07 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Is that the inline moderation saying no threads are selected when you submit or the thing about all threads being selected?? The main issue is inline moderation saying nothing's selected when it is.

I think iv confused it saying what problems I get with my test 1.6 forums. The problem is on my 1.4 forums.

The main problem I am getting is me getting "Sorry, but you did not select any threads to perform inline moderation on, or your previous moderation session has expired (Automatically after 1 hour of inactivity). Please select some threads and try again." when I try to sticky a thread or something.. using the inline moderation.
This might sound stupidly crazy, but not the craziest thing I've done with MyBB - set a cookie prefix and completely clear your browser's cache.

It's helped me before. It'll need closer debugging if this fails to work. Does this happen on both your 1.6 vanilla test forum and your 1.4 live forum?
(2010-08-10, 09:01 PM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]This might sound stupidly crazy, but not the craziest thing I've done with MyBB - set a cookie prefix and completely clear your browser's cache.

It's helped me before. It'll need closer debugging if this fails to work. Does this happen on both your 1.6 vanilla test forum and your 1.4 live forum?

The issue I am getting happens on both the 1.4 forum and my test 1.6 forum (1.6 Forum is a copy of my 1.4 forum just in a different directory). As for the cookie prefix thing, I am not sure what you mean.

Maybe Matt may be able to talk a look when he is not busy or something. I have a test account on my forums which he has been using.

Unless its something simple.. I will have to do it tomorrow or at the weekend if that is the case though, I am off for the night now.

Rob.
It's quite simple, just go to the General Configuration settings in the ACP, and set the cookie prefix to something like "mybb_" (without the quotes).

In some cases, this sort of forces MyBB to look at a different cookie. It could be a better idea to create a new plain 1.6 forum and merge the new and old ones together...
Same even with a cookie prefix. However the cookie is still being saved in the browser, with the cookie prefix too, but just doesn't get read when you perform the moderation.
I guess I could try at the weekend to just go for it and update my forums from 1.4 to 1.6.. I have a ridiculous amount of plug ins to do a complete fresh install of everything.

I am off for the night now anyway. Thank you for your time and effort you are all putting in to this problem for me.
(2010-08-10, 09:17 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Same even with a cookie prefix. However the cookie is still being saved in the browser, with the cookie prefix too, but just doesn't get read when you perform the moderation.

To be able to resolve inline moderation issues, you need to first stop the cookie from being deleted automatically. Then see if it's being stored correctly before being removed. Otherwise when you print out the cookies, it looks like it's not being saved...
I think I may update to 1.6, otherwise a solution to this may be found to 1.4 and then it has another problem in 1.6..

Only problem is, my hosts servers have all just been terminated by accident on the providers behalf... and all files were lost, so hopefully they can sort it out, and my hosts backup will be put back up. Sad
(Not exactly sure what happened I don't really understand, he seems angry though so I am staying quiet) Toungue
(2010-08-12, 07:16 PM)Rob1991 Wrote: [ -> ]I think I may update to 1.6, otherwise a solution to this may be found to 1.4 and then it has another problem in 1.6..

Only problem is, my hosts servers have all just been terminated by accident on the providers behalf... and all files were lost, so hopefully they can sort it out, and my hosts backup will be put back up. Sad
(Not exactly sure what happened I don't really understand, he seems angry though so I am staying quiet) Toungue

Ok this is really wierd, my host has just put my site to the top of the priority list to put my site up first, its all up and working now, and this issue has been fixed 0.0

Spooky? Toungue
I think after a few days of testing I can safely say this issue is now solved, I have been testing it for a few days now, I have not come across any more problems, and after the problems my host had with his server providers, and my backup was restored.. its fixed 0.o?

It is a shame the problem wasnt found however, because it would have helped find a fix for anyone else who comes across this problem. But I would just like to thank you so much for helping me out through this problem. The support was very good and I was able to trust you with my FTP details.

Thank you for your time.
Pages: 1 2 3 4