MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Video upload, there is a limit :P
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This is what happens when you try load Mark.M's video thread (after i posted 2500 videos)

[Image: flashcrash.png]
Adobe Flash crashes Toungue
Should we put in a setting limit. If so where should it be put?
(2010-07-28, 05:18 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Should we put in a setting limit. If so where should it be put?

I'm not sure if it should be a setting but since it doesn't hurt anyone if it's a setting, it should be in Posting (right?). Maybe a default of 20 vids max
Basically malicious users can just spam Ctrl + V and paste thousands of video links Sad It freezes up most browsers XD
(2010-07-28, 05:21 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-07-28, 05:18 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Should we put in a setting limit. If so where should it be put?

I'm not sure if it should be a setting but since it doesn't hurt anyone if it's a setting, it should be in Posting (right?). Maybe a default of 20 vids max

So a global setting under Posting with a default of 20. I was thinking more like 5.

Would this limit apply to just each post or would it be cumulative of the entire thread? Would it be limited per-user?

Perhaps limited per user, per thread.

i.e. a max of 20 vids total per thread per user. That would be kind of hard to implement though because of the pagination.
Per user, per thread, sounds good.
* Lo. found a bug.
(2010-07-29, 03:51 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]* Mark.M found a bug.

Report it please?
(2010-07-29, 03:55 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-07-29, 03:51 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]* Mark.M found a bug.

Report it please?

I can't seem to replicate it at the moment. I think its me more the the software actually.

* Lo. jumped the gun.

Edit: server not software.
(2010-07-29, 03:40 AM)JonP Wrote: [ -> ]Per user, per thread, sounds good.

Right but it's going to be hard to do that because we don't process the entire thread through the parser if we're only showing 20 posts on page 2 for example. So you can't collectively add up totals "on the fly".

If we were to pre-collect that data, through the means of counting and storing the data as each post was inserted in a table that would be:
1) A lot of and very late changes to make for MyBB 1.6
2) Hard to do and complex to store and aggregate on-the-fly
3) I think we can think of a better/more simple solution
Pages: 1 2 3