MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: shout box sugestion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
see this shout box>>

[Image: 38493319.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

this is the gr8 shout box i ever seen shoutbox located in www.xpert-zone.com/forum they made their own shout box if any one make this shout box for all so that will b the gr8 invention of mybb.
I think you have to be registered to see the shoutbox. And for the record, they have a lot of sections.

I think it'd be a nice addition to have a shoutbox by default, probably for 2.0 or something. Smile
Or at least an IRC thingy. Toungue
I can't remember ever hearing that a shoutbox is now default in a software...
Just no. Keep this as a plugin.
(2010-07-29, 06:31 AM)Kazuto Wrote: [ -> ]I think you have to be registered to see the shoutbox. And for the record, they have a lot of sections.

I think it'd be a nice addition to have a shoutbox by default, probably for 2.0 or something. Smile
Or at least an IRC thingy. Toungue

Umm, I honestly hope they don't. Shoutboxes are abused so much and hurt most forums that hurt them. Also I've seen hosts start banning them because people use them like chat rooms when they aren't.
If a shoutbox is ever included in MyBB by default, I will never use the software again. A shoutbox completely defeats the point of a forum imho.
so wat u say isn't that gr8 shout box ? if this shout box avail on mybb ... so plz give me the link
(2010-07-29, 01:51 PM)Nitrus Wrote: [ -> ]A shoutbox completely defeats the point of a forum imho.

Lol. I was going to post the exact same thing.

They are pointless. A forum is for posting, not for chatting on a stupid shoutbox.
Why would we add a shoutbox to forum software?? We write forum software so you discuss things on the forum, not in a shoutbox.
*agrees to the general consensus* I use shoutbox's, but that is more for my members. Forum scripts shouldn't come with it default.
hmmm but shoutbox is a part of forum... we cant chat in a forum itz called spam .. we need shout box for normal chat itz fun to have shoutbox in forum
Pages: 1 2