MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: GFX Cafe!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
GFX Cafe opened a couple of days ago but used to be ShadowSpace. GFX is a graphics site where you can post tutorials, meet new friends, sell your work with GFX coins. Theres some minior problems since i changed the domain but i am fixing them asap! Smile Come join! Big Grin

gfxcafe.fi.st/forums
I suggest you make the link http://gfxcafe.fi.st/forums

So people can just click on it.
For a graphics site, the theme is a huge let down.
I click on the link in your opening post, it takes me to the portal page. I click on the "Forum" links (both of them that shows on the portal page), they both lead to the portal page, rather than a forum page!
(2010-07-30, 01:45 AM)iBf Wrote: [ -> ]For a graphics site, the theme is a huge let down.
Why? Sad

(2010-07-30, 02:58 AM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]I click on the link in your opening post, it takes me to the portal page. I click on the "Forum" links (both of them that shows on the portal page), they both lead to the portal page, rather than a forum page!
Hmm it should work, try now.
http://www.fringefx.net/forums/

This is what a GFX forum should look like. (Mind you, IPB is much easier to make pretty than MyBB is)

Your theme is dull and very Web-1.0.
I see what you mean, but there are no good themes for Mybb and i was hoping not to buy a theme until i got a decent amount of traffic. But i guess you need to sacrifice some to gain more? Smile
Yeah theme isn't great, especially the forum theme looks as if it's from 1990s.
I found a nice theme for now but after installing it the images arent coming out right! >.<
I'm going to be quite frank.

There are hundreds of GFX forums around. By hundreds i am only stating ones with over 1000 active members. It is very hard to compete with them. Very hard. You need an amazing theme. A very small group takes web 1.0 over web 2.0 designs. Not putting any money in it does not help your cause. To make a site successful you really only need 50 dollars. 10 for a domain, 20 for a years hosting at a decent paid host (For example The Forum Forge) and twenty dollars for a basic custom design. Though for a GFX forum you really should be wanting to buy a much much better design then that.
Pages: 1 2