MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I sadly agree with this SMFer.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I was having an argument with an SMFer. As always i state MyBB has a greater program. He agreed. We both are at an agreement the community sucks. But he sees it from a different way. He said, look at MyBB as if you never did, and notice which team members stick out. And i have to agree. From new eyes, it does seem that all of management is gone, and Matt and Ryan are running MyBB.

Now i tried to explain that lots goes on behind the scenes, but he has proof, thats not what someone from a different system sees. He also sees the community as purely elitists that are umm. He used the phrase metal pole up the bum, and no fun. lol. He has a point there too.

How can i explain my about issues?
Why is it an "issue" that Matt and Ryan have the most presence here from the team?

Quote:He also sees the community as purely elitists that are umm.

....ummm...better than SMF? Yeah that's true. We're elist butts because we know we're better than them. Smile
I haven't been on the SMF forum in quite some time, i can't comment on that.

And its an issue that really they are the only visable staff members. (According to him)
Let me ask - would you rather have an active manger or an active support member and developer? I'd rather have the latter.
Who gives a rats arse what your buddy thinks?
I personally do, and i think this is a mindset a lot of people who are against SMF see.

Also its not that Ryan and Matt are the most active, its they seem like the only ones are active.
How long has SMF 2 been in Beta?

I don't agree, but it's better it seems there's only 2 active team members than none at all. Wink
Quote:How long has SMF 2 been in Beta?
5 years. Almost like Gmail lol.
Everyone is Has a personal life including us, I am at the airport right now getting ready to move back to England.

All staff do their job, and it well or else they wouldn't bwe on the team. Ryan is the PR, so it makes sense he is very active, if we have a disrupted member, we are told to forward them to Matt or Rysn as it's a part of their job
Which Ryan is he talking about?

Either way, he's obviously wrong. You pointed out yourself that he is not involved in this community, so what gives him the qualifications to know what he's talking about when it comes to this community?

I've never been to Russia and I don't know much about the country but I have coworkers that are from Russia and talk about it all the time. I'm not going to go and tell them preconceived misconception about Russia when I've never been there or know what's actually going on.

Funny what he thinks of MyBB considering the whole situation that SMF has gone through.
Pages: 1 2 3 4