MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: GFX Forums - Graphic Design Community
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Good Luck with your site (:

Sidenote: Why are there so many negative people on this site....=\
Where are these negative posts?
This is a really nice site, Our members have made a total of 29,694 posts in 3,462 threads. thats impressive, i love the color scheme though i tad lighter would be nice. Also the sidebar isnt very nice i dont think sorry.
Statistics updated in original post.
Site has new sections, tabs and some more features.
Moving along very nicely, averaging 230 posts a day, sometimes up to 450.
The text is too bright in my opinion.
You're the first to complain about that.
I removed the text shadow but then changed it back, looked much too plain.
Also, the second graphics tournament has started.
Prizes include cash and a graphics tablet.
http://gfxforums.net/Thread-Tournament-2-Table-Info

I suggest joining if you'd like to win such prizes in tournament 3.
I am not really a fan of the theme actually, but I have to say, the forum stats is pretty impressive.
I think there is no need to use forum tabs for a forum with 6 categories & 16 forums.

Good luck with your forum!
50,000 posts is a few days away.
http://blog.gfxforums.net/
Facebook login integrated.

Suggestions & comments?
Pros: Valuable hot content including show-offs, resources and tutorials. Professional management as shown by their great forms of revenue generation through premium accounts and an advertisement system. Good Marketing through "Vote Daily" system. Active Community. Superb theme that plays beautifully with transparency. Good Forum structure. Facebook Connect. Awesome domain name.

Cons: No Unique Selling Point.

Overall Score: 9.5/10

Recommendations: You are on the right path to success. Nonetheless, whilst this forum does have a competitive edge through its great content and a engaging community it lacks a unique selling point. It lacks that X-factor that makes your website worth its thousands. A gallery which allows users to rate and comment on submissions for show-off rather than posting show-offs on the forum could be an innovative structure to a GFX forum. If that is not to your liking, I suggest you think of one yourself. Nevertheless, you are on the right track to a 10.0 and a successful community! Good Job!

Note: This is the first website I reviewed that I actually registered for. It kills all the other shitty forums I've seen lying around.

EDIT: Updated review due to a few misconceptions.
Logo changes every refresh Violation. There's about 7.
Also, there is a rewarding contest, the tournament. Cash & tablets for prizes.
Thanks for reviewing.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13