MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how to upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
currently i m running 1.4.x latest version it is safe to upgrade it to 1.6 version

all plugins will work with 1.6 version and how to upgrade ?
All plugins don't work with MyBB 1.6, you will have to change their compatibility number or wait for a new release.

To upgrade, follow the instructions on our wiki: http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Upgrading

I don't see why it wouldn't be safe not to upgrade to this new release.
safe means i m using plugins which i need to use if i upgrade to 1.6 plugin won't work
Plugins and themes need changes for MyBB 1.6.

I suggest you stay on 1.4 until the plugins that you need are upgraded or upgrade them yourself. Some plugins only need to have the version numbers changed.
but most of people are going to upgrade and how much i have to wait..

my 100th post here
(2010-08-03, 02:12 PM)AKT Wrote: [ -> ]but most of people are going to upgrade and how much i have to wait..

my 100th post here

What plugins are you using? it has been said that most of them will work with MyBB 1.6 with very minimal changes like that of the version number.
i m using almost 20+ plugins at present
Though it may seem a bit tedious, if you have certain plugins that you really need to work in order to keep your forum as you like it, then why not upload a complete 1.6 install with a different DB name? That way you can test everything. That is what Im doing
Well I reinstalled 1.4.3 from the backup database and files prior to the upgrade because I am going to uninstall all my plugins since only one worked, the google seo after I upgraded. I am going to do the same as leesester..
what about all posts, members database etc i install complete 1.6 install with a different DB name?
i think upgrade to new version and plugin upgrade should be on click upgradation similar to wordpress if plugin installation is look like to wordpress.

it is very complex procedure to upgrade to new version.. as per my opinion
Pages: 1 2 3