MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unable to delete a user
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Whenever I try to delete a user I get the error.

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'uid' in 'where clause'
Query:
DELETE FROM mybb_moderators WHERE uid='101'

I did have a problem logging in, which was fixed by copying a file from the merge system, as I have done this in the past. Could this be a smiliar issue ?
(2010-08-03, 11:06 AM)pob13 Wrote: [ -> ]Whenever I try to delete a user I get the error.

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'uid' in 'where clause'
Query:
DELETE FROM mybb_moderators WHERE uid='101'

I did have a problem logging in, which was fixed by copying a file from the merge system, as I have done this in the past. Could this be a smiliar issue ?

It looks like you are missing a field (uid). What was the latest modification you did to your forum before this happened?

I double checked the code; we don't have any line trying to delete a 'uid' column from _moderators table, and _moderators table doesn't have a column with that name by default.

For further assistance, it may be helpful to know if you're using a clean version of MyBB 1.6 or a modified one. Also, please tell us whether you upgrade from 1.4 or you installed a fresh copy of 1.6

<Unsubscribing from this thread>
sorry I havent been able to reply sooner..I've been to work. This is an upgrade from 1.4.13, and I know i could delete users from that as I used to get some spambots signing up before i blocked them.

EDIT - by blocked mean i used the plug in Stop forum spam (1.0)
from http://www.stopforumspam.com , not that i blocked them by anything in mybb
What usergroup is this user assigned to?
Just ordinary Registered
This would happen if you had MyBB 1.4 files in your admin/ folder, admin/modules/user/users.php in particular.
I know whats happened now...i forgot i renamed the admin folder. Would it be ok to just upload the new admin files now, or would i need to go through the update install again ?
no, upload the correct 1.6 *.php files... all of them

to the correct place too (e.g. if you renamed your admin/ folder)
thanks just done that and it worked. Silly mistake to make but all sorted now. Thanks for all help given
Pages: 1 2