MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Downgrade from 1.6 to 1.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys MyPlaza Turbo doesn't work even if I changed the compatibility stuff, so I want to get back to 1.4, how can I downgrade from 1.6 without loosing my data, templates, plugins, etc =(?
You want to downgrade just because one plugin isn't compatible right now?

You might aswell just wait for it to be updated for 1.6

myplaza turbo is no more developed you can upgrade myplaza to newpoints
It's also giving me problems with NP, also with some templates, please I need to know how to revert the upgrade >>
What problems are on new points? i have it and it works fine, without plugins on newpoints.
Do you have a backup from before your upgrade (you should have one, it's part of the installation instructions). Just restore this backup in PHPMyAdmin.
This is why people should plan upgrades before just jumping into things... simply changing the compatibility won't make everything work, we've said that most will just need that doing but some will need other changes. We don't write downgraders, your only option is to resort to a backup as Tim explained, or wait for the plugin to be updated.
is it possible to import 1.6 data base to 1.4?
No.

Use your backup you've created before the upgrade.
Here I'll give you some important points on how to downgrade your MyBB.

1- Make database backup of your entire MyBB 1.6.1 forum via FTP.
2- Download a fresh copy of MyBB 1.4
3- Now copy this .zip archive and extract into your forum's root.
4- Download MyBB Merge System from here: http://www.mybb.com/downloads/merge-system
5- Now run mybb merge system installer.
6- Now import your MyBB 1.6.1 forum's sql database into phpmyadmin.

--- DONE! Smile
Pages: 1 2