MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: confused
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
im in the process of upgrading to 1.6 but im not sure what it means by going to www.yourdomain.com/forumfolder/install/upgrade.php, the site doesnt seem to be working for me what do i do and do i really need to do this?
If your site is www.sampleforum.com and when you go there you see your forum then you have to go to www.sampleforum.com/install/upgrade.php
Some people don't have their forum on their main site so if your go to www.sampleforum.com and you have a website that isn't part of MyBB and you have a link to your forum it would be like: www.sampleforums.com/forum/install/upgrade.php

I hope that helps.
ok got it but it says

Error
The installer is currently locked, please remove 'lock' from the install directory to continue
(2010-08-04, 04:35 AM)fastas Wrote: [ -> ]ok got it but it says

Error
The installer is currently locked, please remove 'lock' from the install directory to continue

Use your FTP client and go to the /install directory and delete the file called "lock"
ok did that but my version only updated to 1.4.13 but i thought i was going to 1.6 so which do i choose form drop down list?
(2010-08-04, 04:40 AM)fastas Wrote: [ -> ]ok did that but my version only updated to 1.4.13 but i thought i was going to 1.6 so which do i choose form drop down list?

What version where you using before? If you were using 1.4.13 then choose that from the drop down list.
sorry i knwo im being a pain but its hard to see the drop down list i didnt quite see 1.4.13 or am i just missing it

(2010-08-04, 04:55 AM)fastas Wrote: [ -> ]sorry i knwo im being a pain but its hard to see the drop down list i didnt quite see 1.4.13 or am i just missing it

No problem, everyone has to learn sometime. Smile
Did you upload the MyBB 1.6 files?
yep and into my ftp and over rode all the existing files uploaded the upload folder form the mybb_1600 file
It should be the first option, already selected by default option in the dropdown menu.
Pages: 1 2